Sennheiser EW 100 G2: good solution for V1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Sennheiser EW 100 G2: good solution for V1?

I have no experience whatsoever with wireless mic solutions; please advise on the one in the topic header. Does it represent a good price/performance ratio? TIA!
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Major Player

I've been using a couple of G2 kits on my V1U and they're fine (though I find the quality of Sony's UWP-C1 series a little better and the menu system more intuitive). Most people consider these units roughly equal to each other.

If you need to run two independant channels, you may want to consider that new dual transmitter system that AT just put out though, because mounting 2 transmitters to the camcorder isn't too practical. DSE seems to enjoy the new AT unit also.

Maybe "Now Hear This" can give you more reviews on the G2 though. That's the forum you may want to direct this question to because it isn't particularly V1-specific. You may want to search the forum first though, because there are already a ton of threads about it.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Craig - you're right it isn't V1 specific:)

Spot, please feel free to move this thread as required.
Old March 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Piotr,

I have experience with the Senn. G2 kit. It works great--no problems at all. We may be looking for a Lav with less sensitivity, but the transmitters and recievers work great.

Regards
Jeff Rhode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 05:32 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Guys, thank you for the feedback. I went for the Sennheiser and am very happy! Got everything set up in half an hour. You're right Jeff that a less sensitive mic would perhaps be even better, as I had to turn the SENSIT all the way down with the transmitters. But the S/N is great, and at least I know now the XLR section of the V1 is not as quiet as I suspected - it's the Sony shotgun that is kinda muffled.

Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki; March 18th, 2007 at 10:02 AM.
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Location: Oxford, UK (until 2008: Lhasa, Tibetan Autonomous Region)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
But the S/N is great, and at least I know now the XLR section of the V1 is not as quiet as I suspected - it's the Sony shotgun that is very quiet.

In your view, how does it compare with the XH-A1's audio section? In mic and line?
Still trying to get a fuller picture on this.

Martin
Martin Saxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Saxer View Post
In your view, how does it compare with the XH-A1's audio section? In mic and line?
Still trying to get a fuller picture on this.

Martin
Martin, really didn't have the Canon long enough to thoroughly check the XLR module. Didn't have to, as the A1 comes with a decent stereo, onboard mic. The overall performance of the onboard audio is quite good (hot as with more consummerish camcorders).

One important limitation of the A1 XLR section is that you cannot have one channel in mic mode and the other in line mode, though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio