Can anyone help clean up a 10 second audio file? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Can anyone help clean up a 10 second audio file?

I've been working on an ultra-low budget documentary for the past few months: Overall the audio for the film is pretty good, but there is this one clip (~10 seconds) which really bugs me:

http://www.shomair.com/benji.aif

I'm submitting the film to a festival THIS Friday and would love if someone could help me get this clip cleaned up. I know my weaknesses and I'm no audio whiz -

In consideration for your efforts you'll get appropriate credit - i.e. Additional sound re-mastering by:)

Hopefully this will be a breeze for you Soundforge/Protools masters ! Having a cleaned up version of that audio clip will really help out the film!

Thanks,
Ari
Ari Shomair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Try this

Not sure what you where looking to accomplish, but gave it a shot anyway

Jim

Last edited by Jim Montgomery; April 25th, 2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Can seem to attach file, send me your Email and I will forward on to you
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #3
Major Player

Gave it a go

Took some hiss out, and killed a few pops... where do you want it sent?
Chris Luker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Chris, Graham, Jim & everyone else who cleaned up the files - Thanks for the work!
Before I received your replies I managed to get an "Audio geek" friend to take a stab at it as well, and we through his in for the festival submission -
Ari Shomair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #5
Trustee

Hmmm ... you'd already solved your problem by the time Jim posted at 9:30am on the 25th, and you get around to telling everyone that today ...
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #6
Major Player

Hey Graham - I'm sorry, the last few days have been super crazy, and I just haven't had time to even check email let alone visit the message boards.

Long story short, PAL-> NTSC conversion w/o lost resolution or the introduction of artifacts is incredibly frustrating - even with DVFilm Atlantis in hand.

I literally didn't sleep one night this weekend trying to get the problem worked out! I hate interlacing.
Ari Shomair is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio