DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   sennheiser em100 g2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/93219-sennheiser-em100-g2.html)

Tony Wiggins May 4th, 2007 11:30 AM

sennheiser ew100 g2

hi people
just bought this sennheiser ew100 g2 for a very reasonable £124 brand new, all looks good quality, not tested yet as i need xlr cable, the thing is that i didn't realise is the receiver needs to be plugged into the mains! now i bought this hoping to use it in a doc doing outdoor broadcast so is there any kinda power packs out there i can power it with or is it just for use indoors?
thanks

Tony Wiggins May 5th, 2007 05:39 AM

anyone please, i believe there are some kind of power packs for field use, is this true?

Harm Millaard May 5th, 2007 06:40 AM

You need the EK100G2 receiver, which runs on 2xAA batteries.

Steven Cowie May 5th, 2007 07:34 AM

other than the powerpack issue for the mains powered unit (sorry cant help there) my main question would be wether it was a unit capable of operating UK licence free (from memory 863.100MHz to 864.900MHz)?

reason I ask is good deals are often available on Sennheiser kit sourced abroad but often they are A B C or D variants that cover other frequncy ranges rather than the 830-866MHz 'E' versions

Chris Leong May 5th, 2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Wiggins (Post 672836)
hi people
just bought this sennheiser ew100 g2 for a very reasonable £124 brand new, all looks good quality, not tested yet as i need xlr cable, the thing is that i didn't realise is the receiver needs to be plugged into the mains! now i bought this hoping to use it in a doc doing outdoor broadcast so is there any kinda power packs out there i can power it with or is it just for use indoors?
thanks

Tony, me old son....

The reason it was so inexpensive is that you got the version that's for PA or indoor use, not for camcorder use.

The EK version has the battery powered, smaller receiver, and it's slightly more dear.

However, not to worry if your doc is a reasonably sized one (i.e. you have some helping hands at your shoots).

You know those busker's setups where they plug their amps, etc into a car battery converter? You'll be needing one of those (plus, of course, a spare car battery, or at least a one for a motorbike).

You can get them mail order from the USA (and you'll probably be better off doing just that, if yours is a 110 volt unit) since they're pretty inexpensive here. I could help you with that if you'd like.

Now of course you'll have to have someone lugging this thing around for you, but you have at least an audio person on your crew anyway, right?

Get a bigger lugger to help you out, is all.

Tony Wiggins May 5th, 2007 03:01 PM

bugger, no the doc i am doing is in poland doing a geography of the holocaust so i wanted a nice easy set up with just me doing camera and sound and the guy doing the informative stuff, oh well looks like i might have wasted a little bit of cash. umf!