sennheiser em100 g2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 4th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #1
New Boot

sennheiser ew100 g2

hi people
just bought this sennheiser ew100 g2 for a very reasonable £124 brand new, all looks good quality, not tested yet as i need xlr cable, the thing is that i didn't realise is the receiver needs to be plugged into the mains! now i bought this hoping to use it in a doc doing outdoor broadcast so is there any kinda power packs out there i can power it with or is it just for use indoors?
thanks

Last edited by Tony Wiggins; May 5th, 2007 at 05:38 AM.
Tony Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #2
New Boot

anyone please, i believe there are some kind of power packs for field use, is this true?
Tony Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 06:40 AM   #3
Trustee

You need the EK100G2 receiver, which runs on 2xAA batteries.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

other than the powerpack issue for the mains powered unit (sorry cant help there) my main question would be wether it was a unit capable of operating UK licence free (from memory 863.100MHz to 864.900MHz)?

reason I ask is good deals are often available on Sennheiser kit sourced abroad but often they are A B C or D variants that cover other frequncy ranges rather than the 830-866MHz 'E' versions
Steven Cowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Wiggins View Post
hi people
just bought this sennheiser ew100 g2 for a very reasonable £124 brand new, all looks good quality, not tested yet as i need xlr cable, the thing is that i didn't realise is the receiver needs to be plugged into the mains! now i bought this hoping to use it in a doc doing outdoor broadcast so is there any kinda power packs out there i can power it with or is it just for use indoors?
thanks
Tony, me old son....

The reason it was so inexpensive is that you got the version that's for PA or indoor use, not for camcorder use.

The EK version has the battery powered, smaller receiver, and it's slightly more dear.

However, not to worry if your doc is a reasonably sized one (i.e. you have some helping hands at your shoots).

You know those busker's setups where they plug their amps, etc into a car battery converter? You'll be needing one of those (plus, of course, a spare car battery, or at least a one for a motorbike).

You can get them mail order from the USA (and you'll probably be better off doing just that, if yours is a 110 volt unit) since they're pretty inexpensive here. I could help you with that if you'd like.

Now of course you'll have to have someone lugging this thing around for you, but you have at least an audio person on your crew anyway, right?

Get a bigger lugger to help you out, is all.
Chris Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #6
New Boot

bugger, no the doc i am doing is in poland doing a geography of the holocaust so i wanted a nice easy set up with just me doing camera and sound and the guy doing the informative stuff, oh well looks like i might have wasted a little bit of cash. umf!
Tony Wiggins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio