How to attach metal grill to ME-2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 4th, 2007, 05:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to attach metal grill to ME-2?

I just purchased a Sennheiser G2 evolution with the ME-2 lav, and I am having trouble attaching the little metal grill cap that is supposed to cover the top of the lav. Try as I might, the cap won't go on - it just seems to small to fit.

Does anyone else with the G2 also have this problem, or know how to get it on?

Thanks.
Ben Crosbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Anyone have any idea? This is the cap that came with the g2 package.
Old May 4th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

O ring

Ben, I just pushed and wiggled a bit.. There is an O ring to provide the clamping force. At least that is what I did.
Gregg Havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Gregg,

I was trying to force it on, but it wasn't going so I didn't want to risk breaking anything in case it was the incorrect size by mistake or something like that. I'll give it another try and see if it pops on.
Old May 4th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Crosbie View Post
Thanks Gregg,

I was trying to force it on, but it wasn't going so I didn't want to risk breaking anything in case it was the incorrect size by mistake or something like that. I'll give it another try and see if it pops on.
Hey Ben,

I had to but a replacement ME-2 and the grill for me did not fit either. I even took it back to the store and the sales guy could not get it on. He went to get a different grill and that one fit. See if you can have them try a different grill.
Kent Mitomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

may be i didn't get the point but if the metal grill cap you are talking about is the spheric one, antipop/windshield/whatever, you have to remove the one that comes with the mic first. try gently, you'll see that it already has a cap..
pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Yea, its the half sphere anti-pop grill. But the mic as it is now is just a cylinder with a flat top. Are you saying I have to somehow unscrew that part? It doesn't seem like it should come off... I'll give it a shot.
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #8
Regular Crew

ok, the cylinder with the flat top with the senheiser label is the thing that you have to take off. you won't need any tool, just a bit of circular movement. what will remain after you took that cap off, the mic itself, will perfectly fit into the bigger cap. give it a try, i just made it now in one minute to make sure i was correct.
ciao
pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio