wishing sound on EW100 G2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

wishing sound on EW100 G2

I have been using thiis mics for I would say 4 years I think and have always been really happy with them just recently I have been getting a staticie/ cutt out everyonce in awhile. I have never had this be an issue until this wedding season. I have changed channels and still not better is there a feature that I am not getting or am unaware is it just interference or what? I am using more then one set sometimes but it still happens even when I am just using one set.
Thank you all very much
Brandon
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Has this just been on one of your systems?

The first thing I would do is get it set up and listen via headphones, then wiggle every inch of the mic cable, especially near the mic head. See if you can reproduce the interference.

It's also quite possible that your local radio interference environment has changed. The receiver picks up the first four open channels when you autoscan (is this how you changed channels?) Perhaps you should try manually setting frequencies at the far end of the available freq. range.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

No, is has been on all three. I have not tried to wiggle the wires except for at the connetsions get a little noise but not the same noise.

I manually adjust frequecies and use to always have them on the same channel and never changed them until recently when I started experiencing probs. ?about the availiable freq. range. how do I know what should be free and clean is there somewhere I can look to see/ read about.
Thanks
Brandon
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 06:01 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The "wishing" sound is usually a symptom of interference, or operating the transmitters too far from the receiver. Or in environments in which there are a lot of reflective metallic elements to disrupt the rf.

Maybe you're on frequencies that are now occupied by digital TV stations, or something else. If this in IN the curch, churches are moving increasingly to wireless gear. Could be the church system and your system are on antagonistic frequencies.

Maybe the wireless have drifted out of alignment. All three? probably not.

Seth's advice is solid.

Try finding new frequencies, move the receivers closer to the transmitters or add bigger antennae to the receivers if you can.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #5
Regular Crew

thank you both I am going to give it a shot and see if scanning for frequencies works
Brandon
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio