Audio 4-tone Test Pattern File Needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 20th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Audio Tone Test Pattern File Needed

Does anyone have an audio recording test pattern they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

I'm looking for the type that has about 4-6 tones, starting low and ending high in both pitch and volume. Kind of a ba-ra-da-bap sound.

It's brief and kind of pleasant sounding.

I searched at FindSounds.com, but only came up with single beeps or tones that sounded like "attack of the killer tones"...all really abrasive...more for warning sounds.

Thanks!
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

let me know what frequency range you would like it in and i can whip something up for you in dv 48kh
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:16 AM   #3
Inner Circle

forgot to mention did u want it fluctuating or jsut aset tone?
test tones range from anything really, but u need a steady FLAT picth which covers all ranges.

most NLE's have a test tone set within the SW, btu i dont knwo if you want a chord or jsut a pitch
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:21 AM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Thanks, Peter.

Actually, I'm using it for something other than a real test pattern. I was trying to dig up a particular sound to use for a project and the test pattern I remember would work nicely there.

I'm an audio nimnod, so as far as which frequency, I have no idea. I'll be using it in FCP if that tells you anything.

The main reason for wanting that particular sound was because it sounds slick compared to the normal beeps and tones that I've found available on the web. You know, stuff like the ring for the video phone on Austin Powers...when you search for beep, alert, tone, ring, etc....all you get are standard warning beeps, sirens, steady tones, and traditional phone rings.
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:46 AM   #5
Inner Circle

i can do some frequncy specific tones with no fuss, but it realy depends onthe DTMF tone your after..
i prfer using bends from one end of the scale to the other...
i dunno if i can do what your asking, as im not too sure what it is...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio