wireless help needed! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 02:16 AM   #1
Tourist

wireless help needed!

looking for a quality wireless lav's for use in outdoor production work. i would like to keep the cost under $1000. i have looked at the following systems and just need help making a final decision. recommendations that will work with my current camera set up, Canon XH-A1 with the Rode NTG-2 mic.

looking at the ATW-1812D, Sennheiser G2's. any opinions on the Samson as well as the Sony, or would these systems even work?
thanks from a newbie!
Rob Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You might want to do a search as this issue has been discussed many times.

Check out this thread for a discussion of the Sony and Senn's:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=95458

For what its worth, I have two sets of the Sony UWP series and have upgraded the mics to the Sony BMP-77 and am very happy with them.
Curt Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Same setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Burnham View Post
looking for a quality wireless lav's for use in outdoor production work. i would like to keep the cost under $1000. i have looked at the following systems and just need help making a final decision. recommendations that will work with my current camera set up, Canon XH-A1 with the Rode NTG-2 mic.

looking at the ATW-1812D, Sennheiser G2's. any opinions on the Samson as well as the Sony, or would these systems even work?
thanks from a newbie!
I have XH-A1 and Rode NTG-2.

I got the Azden wireless setup. its called 200UPR comes with receiver and 2 transmitters. I have also got a transmitter that plugs into my Rode NTG-2 and makes it wireless. The whole setup was under $1000.

Worked great for me for most situations. Note that this setup does not have a true diversity circuit, but it never affected me.
Max Todorov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio