DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   AKG Blue Line vs. ULS series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/99970-akg-blue-line-vs-uls-series.html)

Hyun De Grande August 21st, 2007 01:59 PM

My AKG ULS C480B with the CK 63 just shipped. Still have to wait for the CK 69 though...
Can't wait to use it! :)

Pavel Tomanec August 26th, 2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Ford (Post 730349)
Hello Pavel,

When operating without a good limiter (or mixer) it helps to set one level a bit lower. If someone screams, the louder track may distort, but hopefully the lower one won't.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Thank you.

Just to clarify...

I tried to adjust the volume but do not know how. I mean I plug 1 XLR mono mike into channel 1, select CH1, CH2 and the cursor is blinking on both tracks but I cannot adjust the channels individually since only 1 mike is plugged. It seems that the channel one is duplicated without the ability to be adjusted.

Please advice.

Thank you.
Pavel

Ty Ford August 26th, 2007 12:56 PM

Hello Pavel,

I can only suggest that you refer to your users manual.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Chris Hurd August 26th, 2007 01:32 PM

Pavel, I noticed you are using the Canon XH A1. When the option to copy audio channel 1 over to audio channel 2 is selected, all that happens is whatever level you've set for Ch.1 is duplicated to Ch.2, and there is no way to set a separate level for Ch.2 in this case.

By the way, this topic has been previously discussed in our Canon XH G1 / A1 forum. Hope this helps,

Kris Bird August 26th, 2007 03:11 PM

An XLR Y-cable will let you do this ... female to dual male (i.e. plugged into both XLR inputs on the camera). Turn phantom on for one channel.

Hyun De Grande August 31st, 2007 01:28 PM

Just received the CK69 and it's ridiculously big ! :p

Raymond Toussaint September 5th, 2007 04:54 AM

Well I use that too (have the 480b + ck-69 + ck-63) its great but you can get away using only the first element. The extended tube on the ck69 makes it all long. But not heavy.

Not to forget to say: handling noise is the same on blueline or ULS. The shotgun ck-69 is way better sounding than the blueline, but for the hyper it's a close call. Love the -/+gain on the ULS though.

Marco Leavitt September 5th, 2007 06:30 AM

The CK69 is designed to be used in both configurations. It can be either a long or short shot. AKG even publishes polar graphs for both. I would think you'd use the short shot most of the time.

Hyun De Grande September 7th, 2007 08:57 AM

I have a question regarding the CK 69 mics..:

I want to get a windjammer/-shield that would fit both the long and short gun, without buying two different sets.. So I guess I would have to look at some customizable ones..!? Which one(s) do you guys use?

Any advice ? Any recomendations?
Any brands I should look for? ..cause I have totally no clue !

Thanks in advance.

Marco Leavitt September 7th, 2007 09:07 AM

I'd go with a Rycote Softie for the long configuration. That's probably the cheapest way to do it.

Raymond Toussaint September 7th, 2007 07:27 PM

I have a Reinhardt HW for the ck69 short that also fits (it eats the whole mic...) the small ck63 module. For the extention tube you need the longer Reinhardt but the weight is to much for daily use ON cam.I'm afraid you need to buy 2 sizes, although I need too.

BTW the Reinhard HW (high wind) works... but in almost normal windconditions, above you stil hear wind.