35 mm adaptor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 26th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #1
Major Player

35 mm adaptor

I want to attach my 35mm 300 mm and 75 mm canon lenses (made by Tamron) off my rebel xt to my Sony V1, Does anyone know which adaptor will work
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #2
Major Player

You would need to use an adapter with an EOS mount. Furthermore, you'd need to be using manual lenses, since electronic lenses typically have closed apertures when not receiving a signal to open. Additionally, you probably want to stick with primes, since zoom lenses are typically not fast enough for video adaptation.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:45 AM   #3
Trustee

Unless that is a very fast 300mm lens, it will likely have trouble working with a 35mm adapter. Most adapters need quality fast lenses. Also, you can simulate the shallow DOF effect of a 300mm lens just by zooming your V1 in and keeping the iris open.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods