SGpro & HV-20? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM   #16
Trustee

BTW, looking at your very nice lens list, I'm wondering how much of a problem color matching is. Do white balance after changing lenses? Does that work to make the color uniform?

As far as the Brevis goes, IMHO, they seem like a totally class operation w/ excellent support and their latest diffuser does look quite good.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I only white balance when there is a change in lighting or conditions. Lens changes doesn't really matter if the subject and lighting is consistent. I use a 18 percent gray card.
Old December 11th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #18
Trustee

BTW, one of my concerns using an SGPro w/ an HV-20 is that I've heard there is vignetting. One solution is apparently to use an extension tube. I'd love for someone who's used this combination to comment or for Wayne to chime in.

I know that Brevis uses a different diffuser for small cameras, but SGPro use one for all cams. Perhaps this can cause some vignetting? IDK?

P.S. I'll be starting out w/ a Nikon 50mm 1.8 autofocus lens. (I have one lying around.)

Last edited by Peter Moretti; December 11th, 2007 at 02:48 AM.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 03:49 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Word of caution..AF lenses tend to need a power source to open up the iris..Without the power...you iris will remain shut and it would be useless on the adapter.
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:00 AM   #20
Major Player

The HV20 is indeed an issue with systems not designed for it. The Brevis does have a configuration (CF1 Imaging Element) designed to provided full frame performance in excess of the SLR 36mm standard, in both our non-flipped, and flipped modes :-) I personally own an HV20 and every one of our updates is carefully tested with it. The new flip system even features two points of adjustment to get the HV20 perfectly centered. This is a well known issue with that camera.

Peter, thanks for your kind words. On top of a new location with a dedicated video support studio, we've got a published business phone, forum, and daily monitored email at sales@cinevate.com The fellow answering your questions there (Hubert Den Draak) is a 25 year film veteran who speaks four languages. "Class Act" is a very nice compliment and something we're working hard towards :-)
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods