rough cut with Letus35A and PD170 (footage) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 20th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

rough cut with Letus35A and PD170 (footage)

shot this today, with (as you can see) a pd170, with "flash mode" which sony users will know of as the "progressive" type effect in camera and a letus35a, nikon 50mm lens, footage was deinterlaced in fcp.

for the record, on a television, this footage does not look like crappy video, it looks like either a friggin sweet camera or somewhere between 8 and 16mm footage. it's sweeeeeeet!

i apologize that the link is/will only be available for a limited time (a month or so, i used a trial account with .mac to host it for now until i get my site up and running)

i hope this helps convince some of you to run out and get a 35mm adapter! haha

http://homepage.mac.com/pd170/iMovieTheater2.html

Last edited by Bryan Wilkat; October 20th, 2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: .......rushed the post, forgot to put the link, hahahah
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM   #2
Trustee

Cool man,
I use a PD 170 and loved the color in the clip.
What settings did you change in the Camera? if any.
"flash mode" which sony users will know of as the "progressive looks great.
Could you show me a picture of your set up for this shoot?
How much did the letus35a, nikon 50mm lens set up cost?

Cheers
Simon
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

in the camera i typically have the sharpness turned all the way down, though halfway through the shoot i was having trouble focusing because it was overcast and dark so i turned it up about 1/3 of the way(not that i was able to see much change with the adapter on). and i used the present white balance for a sunny day, but then in the CP i made it one notch warmer cause the clouds were really making for a drab day.

letus seems to have stopped making the model i bought, which was the 35A, it was a few bucks more than the basic 35, both of which do not have the flip feature, which means i save money but have to shoot upside down which is only really difficult when you're trying to do handheld tracking shots. at the time i had paid 350(usd) i believe. letus now sells more advanced and much nicer looking adapters but it appears you gotta be willing to drop a few more dimes than i had. and the lens i was able to score on a used nikon camera for 90$.

and here's the only photo i have of it(sorry, too lazy to take a nice one, webcam will have to do. hah).
Attached Thumbnails
rough cut with Letus35A and PD170 (footage)-35mm.jpg  
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM   #4
Trustee

Thanks Bryan,
I will get the letus35a, nikon 50mm lens some day as i really like the look and feel it brings.

Cheers
Simon
Simon Denny is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods