The quietest 35mm adapter? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 25th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #1
New Boot

The quietest 35mm adapter?

Letus Extreme, Brevis35, SG Pro and Redrock M2 (the only one I’ve tried) all seem to be fine 35mm adapters.

What I would like to know is, which one of these great tools is the quietest?

(Because of the flip image phenomena I am leaning on towards buying the Letus Extreme.)

I work mostly alone and make a lot of interviews in quite studios with artists, etc. I prefer using an external microphone (Sennheiser K6/ME64) mounted on top of the camera. It’s great but you can’t have, let’s say, even the quietest refrigerator turned on in the same room while you’re recording.

If Letus Extreme, Brevis35 and SG Pro make the same amount of sound as the M2 (which is not really loud but for my taste relatively noisy) I am quite sure I will have to change mic technique.

Thanks for any input,

Calle
Carl Dieker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Contributor

When I'm doing interviews by myself I take along a short C-stand, boom and boom holder and mount the mic in the normal position a foot or so over the guy's head and slightly in front. Generally in interviews a person doesn't move around much and you can do it that way. Shooting with a mic on the camera is not ideal, unless you can stick the camera right up in the person's face and he's not talking off camera. Another alternative is to get a relatively cheap wireless, like the Sennheiser G2.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #3
New Boot

Well, what about adapters?
Carl Dieker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Disjecta

Looks like you are posting the same question in multiple places. I have answered you in one of the other posts: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=106508
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #5
Major Player

Bill,

What C-stand do you use/reccomend? I have a mic, but am looking for a stand that can help me place the mike like you describe.

Thanks.

Shiv.
Shiv Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:32 AM   #6
Major Player

Carl, the Brevis REV2 units (since last Christmas) incorporporated several changes to make them quiet enought to use an onboard mic with.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods