rails for various 35mm flip adapters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 6th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #1
Trustee

rails for various 35mm flip adapters

Sure the info is somewhere in this forum, but thought I could cheat by asking..

For the flip adapters like letus or brevis (hey that rhymed) how do you accomodate rails to the whole rig to ensure standard equipment like follow focus and rail-based matte boxes all fit properly?

With the PS Technik mini35 I've used the rails are standard distance from rods to lens center. It seems the best way to mount a 35mm rig is by the base of the adapter, not the camera itself due to 35mm adapter offset.

Thanks anyone who can help with this.

By the way, if someone else makes a new 35mm adpater could they please call it "Cletis" or "Regis" just for fun?

Last edited by Dennis Hingsberg; November 6th, 2007 at 10:05 PM.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #2
Major Player

One of our upcoming products will meet your needs with respect to the name thing :-)

Our rails setup has been developed with our flip unit offset in mind so that the 35mm lens can be maintained at the standard height (although that standard is largely ignored). This was done to ensure non-adjustable matteboxes and follow focus units would work as designed. There are quite a few Letus owners using our rails system right now..ironic as that is.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #3
Trustee

Dennis, all kidding aside it's really great to see so much devotion put into a product and brand when really its such a small niche market.

It's actually suprising you don't charge more for your products, you quite honestly probably could especially when compared to prices of other adapters on the market.

Anyway can't wait to see what other goodies you come up with, don't forget to add remote pan/tilt head to your list of things to build.. oh with memory for repeated precise moves and............ .. ..
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Based on your wish list, I think you'll be happy with what's coming Dennis. We're running a very lean operation here, and we're constantly looking for ways to reduce costs ... so I'm glad you've noticed :-)
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #5
Major Player

I'm thinking about joining the market, myself.... I shoot with a Z1 and have been impressed by the wonderful shots I've seen using Letus/Brevis/Redrock adapters... I'm in the process of comparing and saving now. Always wonderful to see a company talking to their customers. Cineform blew me away with how active they are here, and it's good to see there are others!

C
Carl Middleton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods