XHA1 + M2 wedding clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #1
New Boot

XHA1 + M2 wedding clip

We shot a wedding over in Scottsdale a while back, and I invited my bud Timothy D Allen out to give the M2 a trial run. Tim came out and set the rig up, and ran the cam (Thanks Tim!!!!). I'm just diving into the footage now, and here is a sample:

http://www.beautifuldayfilms.net/Samples/XHA1+M2.html

The clip shows a shot without M2 and then with, both A1s, matching framerates, WB, etc. No color correction performed on A1 only clip, M2 portion had blacks crushed slightly, and saturation cranked.
Jim Stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #2
Major Player

i have to say the comparison doesnt make the M2 look that great. the highlight handling looks improved on the M2 footage, but its hard to tell since the lighting is very different on the two samples. otherwise, the M2 stuff looks rather soft even at web resolution... maybe it was not calibrated correctly? or focus was off?
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for posting the test. The footage is not just darker, the M2 shows pretty bad CA as well.
Paul Leung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods