New Letus35 Mini Released!!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 28th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #16
Trustee

I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to see a pic of that.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #17
New Boot

When I first read about the Letus35 Mini I was very excited that it was made for the smaller cameras like the Sony HC1. They said it was light enough to not need rails and had been tested on the HV20. Now that I have it and set it up on my camera I decided to get a rail system as the HC1 seems a bit heavy, to me, for the 37mm threads. Plus I wanted a stable way to mount it on sticks.

The Mini seems well built. The instructions made setup easy. I had no issues focusing on the GG. My Nikon lenses fit OK but infinity is not in focus. I will need to tweak that. It seems the one thing I keep forgeting to do is "Turn It On" it works better that way.

My first test was in very low light and did get noise from the HC1 but not because of the adapter. The Nikon 50mm f1.4 was wide open and I like the look. My next tests will be in day light.

Over all I think the Letus35 Mini is a wonderful addition to my gear.
Herbie Pabst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #18
Major Player

The battery mod: I took an old battery from EOS 350D DSLR that had the same mount as HV20`s original battery (actually two of them) and a cheapo Chinese XH A1 battery charger plate and just hard screwed them together with wood screws. Taped up the original battery`s connections (just for being sure the screws don`t short the internals of the old batts) and put plain wires in the place of the original battery`s connection plates if that makes sense.
Few turns of electrical tape around the setup and in looks really nice.
I wish I had a cam here to take a pic of the setup it`s really nice and tidy.

If one can get a locking charging plate for the right type of the bigger battery and has some old batteries for HV batt mount (or just cheap chinese ones) its really easy to screw together this mod.

Cheers,
T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #19
New Boot

Here is another test in afternoon light with the Letus35 Mini and Sony HC-1.

http://www.pabstfilms.com/clips/letu...-hc1-test2.mov
Herbie Pabst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods