Rails too wide?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rails too wide??

I bought the Letus Extreme adapter and their rails. I bought the Red Rock follow focus and got it in the mail today. Went to slide the follow focus on to the Letus rails... wow that is tight. I took off the tightening screws on the follow focus, still won't slide on. I mean, I'd have to hammer it on. Anyone else have this setup or this problem?? Thanks!
Steve Yager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yager View Post
I bought the Letus Extreme adapter and their rails. I bought the Red Rock follow focus and got it in the mail today. Went to slide the follow focus on to the Letus rails... wow that is tight. I took off the tightening screws on the follow focus, still won't slide on. I mean, I'd have to hammer it on. Anyone else have this setup or this problem?? Thanks!
Hi Steve:

You are bumming me out. I too have the Letus Extreme and just ordered their rails mount and I own the Red Rock FF too.

Let us know how you resolve this with them. I still have probably a few weeks until the Letus Rails Mount makes it's way here.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It is a real bummer, man. Apparently this is a big issue. There's quite a bit of rumbling on the other forums too. Why they say its 15mm on their site, and then ship a different size is beyond me. I just emailed them today, so we'll see how they resolve it. I hope it doesn't take ANOTHER 4 weeks to get this rails issue fixed. When you wait that long for something, it should arrive ready to go. I had to cancel a shoot, and who knows how long I'll have to wait to get this fixed. I'll update whenever they help me out. For now, I'd recommend that no one order them expecting to use 3rd party gear with it.
Old January 20th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #4
Regular Crew

UPDATE. I just got an email from Hien and here's what he said:
"Steve,

The new rails are are on the way to you. The CNC shop messed up some of the rail. It is supposed to be 15mm - (minus) and they made it 15mm +/- ."

This is good customer service. I emailed this morning and he's already taking care of it. Very much appreciated.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

good to know they are onto it, I was heading down this combo myself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yager View Post
UPDATE. I just got an email from Hien and here's what he said:
"Steve,

The new rails are are on the way to you. The CNC shop messed up some of the rail. It is supposed to be 15mm - (minus) and they made it 15mm +/- ."

This is good customer service. I emailed this morning and he's already taking care of it. Very much appreciated.
Old January 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Update

I received the new rails from Hien (Letus) and they fit perfectly. Don't hesitate to buy the rails because of the size problem. If they come too big, which they probably aren't anymore since they caught the problem, Letus will quickly change them for you.
Steve Yager is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods