World's First Microprocessor Managed 35mm Lens Adapter! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Major Player

World's First Microprocessor Managed 35mm Lens Adapter!

It's been a very long coming, but we're very pleased to announce the Brevis35 MP.1 (Patent Pending) has arrived, and is shipping today. The Brevis35 system remains optically unchanged, however what's under the hood is very much different. Here's a summary of changes:

- The designation MP.1 simply means "Microprocessor, Firmware version 1". The onboard firmware is upgradeable!
- Oscillation and power management are now very precisely controlled by the onboard microprocessor.
- Critical oscillation properties can now be adjusted and tuned externally, with the adapter system fully mounted on your camera.
- The power LED now flashes a warning when you have 1 hour of runtime left.
- If you forget to turn the unit off (and you will, because it's whisper quiet), an auto shutoff feature is now standard at low charge.
- Runtime has increased to 32 hours on the standard 15 to 25 minute charge using our included smart charger.
- Internal power cells and motor can now be replaced in the field if ever required using our modular connection system. In other words, plug and play.
- The power switch is new, lower profile and sealed in a slick rubber boot.
- Power pod use remains unchanged should you want to increase runtime to 70hrs using two AA batteries externally.
- Our exclusive micro-collimation system remains unchanged across the entire lens mount range.
- The interchangeable CINEFUSE imaging element system remains unchanged so one adapter can be used with full frame widths on everything from the HV20, to the HPX500.
- Weight of the unit is identical...still the lightest system on the planet for all cameras.

In keeping with our policy of not stranding past customers, the updates are 100% applicable to existing REV2 units! The upgrade package will be posted later today in our catalog. Cost will be $180 and will include the new electronics package, motor, switch, LED, power cells, rear shield and charge jack. The external adjustment port will also be installed. Return shipping will be calculated based on your shipping location during the ordering process.

There's more:

1 The new rails system announcement come's later today.

2. We were approached some time ago by several vendors regarding sale/distribution of our products. Vistek in Canada, and B&H photo in the US will be carrying the new MP.1 units.

3. We'll be at NAB as guests of B&H photo in their "Studio" section. We'll have two of the MP.1 units there as well as the new rails system. Stop by and say hello!

Last edited by Dennis Wood; April 9th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Trustee

I just got finished buying a second hand LEX, but I gotta say that this improved system sounds impressive. It'll be fun seeing where all this goes in the coming years.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Ethan, we're just getting started :-)
Old April 9th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #4
Major Player

Dennis, I truely love the process that you have set up for the "UPGRADE PACKAGE" that I saw in your catalog. I would be afraid to tackle an upgrade like this by myself, but this sounds painfree for me. What do you expect the turnaround times to be like for the upgrades? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The real question Dennis is how "Cinevate" is pronounced... Is it "Sih-neh-vate" or "Sih-neh-vah-tay"?
Frank Genus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #6
Major Player

It's sin-eh-vate but it should have been sin-eh-vat-ay cuz that's much cooler :-) Steve, turnaround on the updates will average 4-5 days once we get them...likely less.
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:08 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Okay Dennis.

Next step, the "synthesised pre-fogger" LED lamp glowing upon the GG, maybe even coloured LEDs for special effects.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:09 PM   #8
Major Player

Bob we actually had an issue 2 years ago with a few of the first dozen units we sent out. The power LED was doing exactly what you suggested..but no one liked it much :-)

Frank, btw, "Cinevate" is a contraction of the words cinema and innovate, so hopefully that helps with pronunciation. We were very lucky to find a name that we could actually register and use for our website that also had some relevance to the business.

We're just getting sorted for NAB so hopefully we'll get a chance to shake a few hands there with some DVinfo posters :-)
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Wood View Post
Frank, btw, "Cinevate" is a contraction of the words cinema and innovate, so hopefully that helps with pronunciation. We were very lucky to find a name that we could actually register and use for our website that also had some relevance to the business.
Thanks Dennis (I should have picked up on that... seems so obvious now). Well, as long as I'm on a roll... How about the name "Brevis"? How did that come about, and is it pronounced "Breh-vis" or "Bree-vis"?
Frank Genus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #10
Major Player

Frank, Brevis is latin for "short". The non-flip Brevis35 adapter was designed to be very light, and compact. Breh-vis.

See you guys at NAB :-)
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Nab 2008

Are you offering a introductory Brevis discount while NAB 2008 is in Vegas? If so can we utilize this temporary discount to order online?
R. L. Appling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #12
Major Player

RB, we've traditionally priced the kit quite aggressively in keeping with our mission statement. To that end, other than donating eqipment, our prices are kept as low as we can manage...meaning there's little wiggle room.

Some great news on our new rails base plate system. Despite 5 extra parts, we've been able to keep cost increases minimal by working hard on "smart" CNC processing. The new base plate system got rave reviews at NAB and we should have the system fully integrated in 7 days.
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:36 AM   #13
New Boot

I'm looking at 35mm adaptors and at the moment am undecided between the Letus Extreme and the Brevis.

What would the shipping costs to the UK be for the Brevis35 MP.1 Imaging Bundle (including flip module)? and I take it I'll be hit for a good bit of import tax too?

I'm studying at University at the moment and so cost is a high factor I'm afraid.
David Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #14
Trustee

yeah david shipping is expensive, but fast. I have always got my cinevate products in two or three days.

Customs and Duty most likely, although a number of times I did get away with nothing. Whereas Redrock and Letus got hit every time!!

The new Brevis sounds superb. Well done Dennis.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods