Letus Extreme on a smaller camera - how? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 18th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #1

Letus Extreme on a smaller camera - how?

I've heard that you can use the Letus Extreme on smaller cameras like the HVR-A1E, even though it's the Mini that's designed for that - but how? How does it attach? On the website, if you want to purchase it, there's no option to buy a 37mm attachment, even though it says in the product comparison that it fits "all cameras"...

Thanks
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi, I've hooked up my A1e to the extreme just by getting two step up rings -
37-58 and 58-72 - works pretty well..... and cost less than £10....
Rob Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #3

Yeah the guy at Letus said to do that, I asked if there were any negative visual artefacts and he said no... the distance difference is too small apparently. Although you say it works 'pretty' well - does that mean, not the best? Ha. 'Cause using two step-ups is gonna create a lot more distance...

(I couldn't find a 37-58 - only a 37-49... hmm. Actually maybe they have them on B+H photo)

A question by the way, to you as a UK resident -

How much import tax did you pay on the Letus? I can't seem to get the relevant information - is it 20%?
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:03 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi, the difference is about at most 1cm, so it just means you need to use a bit more zoom really - I think I'm about @ 90% to get full edge to edge. The rings I found on ebay, they're made by KOOD and cost about £5 each with shipping.

Import duty was 17.5% i think, so it worked out at around £120 for a standard setup with mount.

I went for an indirail and indifocus as well which seems quite solid and stable once setup.

HTH!
Rob Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:42 PM   #5

Thanks a lot :)

By the way, just out of interest - you have to use 90% zoom you say? :| Blimey

Unless you mean... you've had to zoom in 10% or something... ? Heh

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods