Is the Letus Extreme still best value / performer? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #16
Major Player

My impatience got the better of me....

I was so impressed with the Cinevate rail that I went for the brevis. It turned up today and the weather was really dull but I did manage to get a few test shots of the family and dogs though and I'm really happy with the results.

EX1 & Brevis: day 1 on Vimeo
Attached Thumbnails
Is the Letus Extreme still best value / performer?-brevis_rig_1.jpg   Is the Letus Extreme still best value / performer?-brevis_rig_2.jpg  

Old September 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #17
Trustee

Cool video.

Id Brevis' ground glass static? I couldn't shake the feeling that I'm seeing a tiny bit of GG surface throughout the video - although it could be just compression artifacts on Vimeo...
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #18
Major Player

Paul, I haven't looked at the clip yet, but a general rule with CFXL is to shoot with good exposure, and keep lens apertures below f5.6 if panning across bright skies etc. If you are seeing some grain masking, you can also adjust the micro-processor adjustment port on the side of the unit. Our EX1 shooting guide on the video university is a good guide to take a peak at.

Cheers,
Dennis Wood
www.cinevate.com
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM   #19
Major Player

Thanks Dennis, I haven't actually noticed anything I don't like in the images, maybe it's just the flash compression that Alex is seeing?

I found an extra use for that adjustment port last night. While I was filming for a new project I'm working on I noticed that the EX1's peaking was picking up a small line in the middle of the image, it turned out to be a small hair on the inside of the element.

I didn't really want to try and take the unit apart as it would have probably ended up with more dust inside so i simply removed the screw from that port and gave the hole a puff of air from my air cleaner... problem sorted!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods