Homemade 35mm Adapter - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 19th, 2003, 06:00 AM   #436
Regular Crew

what about the jvc hd10

can you tell me if theres any problem if someone makes a
agus35 on the JVC HDV CAMCORDER?

i THINK THIS WOULD BE A WONDERFUL THING!!

think about it

the resolution of HDV and the DOF

great

someone please try it.

ciao
Daniel Moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 06:13 AM   #437
Wrangler

The only thing missing would be 24P...

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 06:18 AM   #438
Major Player

I have been given a little tidbit of information about how the movietube professional version was built, i am going to try and get all the parts together tomorrow and build it over the next few days.

If all goes well i will post the plans, it will be nice to have a complete version which is very small and has no moving parts.

BTW, has anybody built thing for a dvx-100 and knows if it needs a diopeter or not?

Zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 07:15 AM   #439
New Boot

cosmin rotaru says in a early post to agus that he should use a fresnel lens in order to get rid of the hot spot on the GG. Another user posted a link to an american store who sells fresnells, i live in europe and i have not been able to get a fresnel to eliminate the hot spot on my agus35. does anyone know where they're sold in europe? or perhaps another device where they can be taken out?

thanks

Thomas
Thomas Bruegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 08:09 AM   #440
Regular Crew

Use a dove prism to flip the image.

http://www.doveprism.com/
Daniel Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:09 AM   #441
Regular Crew

Agus <let me tell you that i was really disapointed when i saw the diagram of the design and below it says "copywrite>

A copyright mark on drawing, crummy as it may be, is not a patent! I wasn't trying to take anything away from you and what you have done or the others before you. If you notice I have links to all of the threads dealing with this subject.

I really didn't think much about it, it is just something I do when I make a drawing. I was just trying to help others and myself picture what is being discussed and have links to information on other sites.

Paul
Paul Doss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 10:36 AM   #442
Major Player

Paul. I guess Agus misunderstood. Although I knew you were refering to the drawing itself but to others it might be taken for the design as Agus pointed out.
BTW, nice work. I always prefered illustion to just thousand of words used to descibe something.
Old December 19th, 2003, 11:21 AM   #443
Regular Crew

I've used a 25 cd spindle box, and a 50mm lens. But when I have the lens focus all the way in, I need the ground glass to be as far from the lens inside the spindle box as it can to focus on anything thats about 2-3 metres away. Anything closer than that and I can't focus.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stewart McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 11:41 AM   #444
Regular Crew

That you Charles King. The last thing I meant to do was to offend anyone. Your point is well taken. I will go back and add "Illustation" before the notice.

I certainly want Agus and all the others; Nicolai Wolfe, Matthias Fleischer, Cosmin Rotaru, Brandt Wilson, and others, to get credit for getting us to this point. That is why I linked to all the sites on this subject. It's pretty much all there as it happened.

Anyway, enough of this back to work.

Paul
Paul Doss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #445
New Boot

Sources of Fresnel Lenses

For those looking for Fresnel lenses - they're often sold at book stores, gas/petrol stations and drug stores as reading magnifiers. I've seen credit card sized ones that fit in a wallet that would be perfect.
Ryan Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #446
Regular Crew

Ive just done another test with mine, and can see the rings of the fresnel lens. Also getting vignetting and don't know how to get rid of it
Stewart McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 01:43 PM   #447
Major Player

Quote:
I've used a 25 cd spindle box, and a 50mm lens. But when I have the lens focus all the way in, I need the ground glass to be as far from the lens inside the spindle box as it can to focus on anything thats about 2-3 metres away. Anything closer than that and I can't focus.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I experienced something similar, and it's one of the trials of experimentaion. If you look at Agus's design, you'll note that there's an extender between the front of the adapter and the back of his 50mm lens -- bringing the rear of his 50mm lens about a half to three-quarters-inch away from the adapter's surface.

Likewise, his motor is mounted at the front of the adapter, with the spindle facing back toward the DV camera -- with the CD mounted at the tip of the motor's spindle, placed very close to his macro lens.

I did a quick-n-dirty mockup last night with a 9v battery hooked up to an on/off button and my motor and ran tests with the GG within a half-inch of my 50mm lens, and then as far away as I could get it inside of the CD case -- in order to get focus on the GG, your film lens must be placed 3-4 inches away. Maybe slightly more. Experimentation will find your answer.

- jim
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #448
New Boot

Jim, about the distance from the lens to the GG

I measured my SLR camera from the front of the body where the lens mounts to the film plane, the distance came out 46mm, I adjusted my box so the distance matched to the GG. I still haven't tried any video yet, I haven't made mine light tight yet, too much to do and never enough time!

Tom
Tom Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 04:45 PM   #449
Major Player

Quote:
...the distance came out 46mm
Can you translate that into inches for those reading from America? :)
Jim Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 05:11 PM   #450
Regular Crew

Has anyone made one of these sucessfully for the gl1? If so which macro filter are you using and what are the distances between the macro filter and the gg and the fresenel lense and the 35mm lense?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods