Agus35 & others, FLIPPING PROBLEM SOLVED!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 11th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Hold on, when you turn a camera upside-down, or a screen upside-down you get top to bottom and left to right correction - exactly what is required for this application.

Best,
Helen
Helen Bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #17
Major Player

Actually yeah that's true I didn't think about it that way. Spinning the image around 180 degress will correct for both. What I had in my mind was a flip from top to bottom which would result in the left and right still being opposite of what they should be. As if you were looking at a reversed negative and then flipped it over to view it through the other side. Top and bottom would be correct but left and right wouldn't.

But in this case since you're turning(spinning) the camera 180 degrees to upside down when you spin it back both would be corrected as Helen pointed out. Thanks for fixing that error.
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:02 AM   #18
Major Player

I'm just hoping that the new camcorders, coming later this year, have a menu selection to invert & revert (or rotate 180 degrees) the image to be recorded onto tape. Its all electronic and they've already done that for the lcd screen. So, according to my simple logic, rotating the taped image wouldn't be hard at all. That way, these adaptors would become much much simpler in design, and even more effective.
Here's hoping I guess.
Old January 12th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #19
Major Player

So far does anyone know how 'clean' an image one can achieve with a still GG/holo diffuser/other?
Anhar Miah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #20
Major Player

how clean?

as clean as difuser or GG is clean :))))

just kidding,

sorry guys, but i couldn't resist.

it's dificult to say - you must judge for yourself.

in my agus35 the image thru GG is in my opinion "clean" but it tooks a lot of light when shooted in poor lighting conditions.

with static GG you should ask Daniel Moloko - it's on the other thread, started by louis feng. Daniel is for now the only one who has pure static GG. and he DID the testing and some shoots.
there are some samples also there.

filip
Filip Kovcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #21
Inner Circle

An option, rather clunky I've tried is to operate a PD150P upside down with a small 4 inch monitor mounted on a plate bolted to the tripod mount.

In bright daylight, the monitor can't be seen too well but the camcorder itself tolerates being held inverted. Retraining the left hand to operate the controls is not too difficult.

Before you do this however you should ensure the cassette enclosure is very clean as you don't want bits of debris coming back off the bottom into the heads or the tape cassette itself.

It becomes a question of self-confidence if you want to work the camera this way in public. People do stare and I can assure from prior experience that you will feel like an idiot.

Helen Bach. Given your interest in things film/video, is there any family connection with Bach Auricon? the outfit which developed the film transport which last appeared in the legendary 70s CP16 news cameras.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #22
Major Player

About GG movement

Hi guys,
I have developed three different DV adapters since
August 2004.
Considering that the signal from tape is in the same (frame size) for any DV camera, I choose Panasonic 200 (3ccd,manual focus, iris) over any other PD170 and such.
(All the features on any "expensive" model are of no use to
me in getting a "filmlike" image since I am using the adapter)
Best screen (that I found) is a plain matte focusing screen
of Nikon or other Minoltas..... (from the 35 mm cameras)
They are (as required) fresnel on the front, matte on the back)

The rest of the optics are just the same as 35mm SLR.
GG movement pictures here:
http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/361042290

Cheers,
Dan
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2004, 10:56 PM   #23
Major Player

Viewing image on LCD

Any electronics store have a headrest monitor for DVD players.
Most of these LCD's have a mirror function (left right) and a mercury
switch (vertical flip)
Open th back, permanently solder the switch and that's your
"normal" viewing monitor (if the displayed image is flipped abck to "normal L-R and U-D)
Hope this helps.
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods