What will it cost me? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 29th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #1
New Boot

What will it cost me?

Calling all geniuses with spare time!

I've read through all this Agus35 / Aldu35 mumbo jumbo and it all sounds really awesome and I would like to have one built and I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in building me one. I can pay for parts and for your time spent constructing it.

Anyone interested?
Will Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:23 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

It might be handy if you let them know which camera you want
it for.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Will, maybe you should look at the MOVIEtube (www.movietube.com). It is a 35mm adapter that inverts the image properly before entering the camercorder. They will offer a fully-loaded PRO version (for moviemaking, and probably pretty darn expensive) and an LT version that just includes the adapter with no frills. Unfortunately the MOVIEtube is still in its R&D stages, but was supposed to be released already. Hopefully it will be available soon.
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I e-mailed movietube, ages ago and asked them to approximate a price. They told me under 2000 euros($2,441.50) for the standard version and the Pro version would be the about the same as the mini35.

As for how much one of these homemade adapters(aldu35 for example) would cost I am unsure. I can see my first attempt running into about $450. However, alot of the money so far has been spent on testing various lenses,tools etc. I think once I've established an optimal design, building another one should be slightly cheaper than that.
Louis Demontez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #5
Major Player

Aldu35

OK I know people have asked in the past. Problem is I am hopeless. I cant build a aquare box so this is completely out of my league. Would anyone be interested in building me one? Let me know if interested. I have a Canon XM2 if that helps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods