DVHS as storage? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 12th, 2004, 05:51 AM   #16
Major Player

i do not know is this is the same thing as you mentioned earlier, but i already mentioned this in my previous mail.

>>- some of the hd decks can read component input from beta sp decks and upconvert it, so you can see it as upconverted SD component signal on HD deck. <<

yes - you can use component beta sp signal (3 bnc) and plug it in HD deck

BUT!

only if that deck is equipped with proper card inside that HD deck. it will upsize/uprez/upconvert the picture to HD.

filip
Filip Kovcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2004, 07:22 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Ah thanks fillip!

So it seems that the two analog formats are very different and quite incompatible.

I was wondering about whether you could get more resolution out of an analog SD camera head by connecting it to a HD input, as a lot of these cameras claim to be able to resolve 700 lines or more. Not that I would do that but I was curious.

love

Freya
Freya Paget is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods