Where find lenses etc. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 24th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Where find lenses etc.

I just recieved my Mini35, for the DVX100, very nice. Any advice on where to get a set of used Nikon lenses? I have found a 55mm for sell here or a 105 mm there, but I am worried that different model lenses may not match. Do most Nikon lenses have a similar look? Where can I find a set of differnet lengths of a similar model (with a simliar look)? Also All the new lenses have automatic features that I do not need, how do I get glass with manual controls?

I shot some test at Wolf camera and the only lenses that seemed to be fast enough under the flourscent lights were the 1.4. Does this mean that no zoom lens will be fast enough to use, with this system?

I have the Nikon and PL mounts. What description do I look for when purchasing lenses to make sure they will work with these mounts, is there a mm diameter or other description (Like AE etc.) to look for to make sure the lenses will fit either the Nikon or PL mount?
Dan McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

ebay
nikon lenses all have the same mount when connected to the mini35 nikon mount, they just differ if they are non-ai, ai or ais, autofocus but the mount for mini35 is usable by all nikon lenses (from what i know). no ai or ais or autofocus is needed cause the mini35 isnt able to use any nikon specific features like ai(s) or autofocus
pl mount is pl mount - mainly found on expensive lenses
Elmar Tewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #3
Trustee

I have to also suggest ebay.

For Nikon mount just look for Nikon MF or MANUAL. Also try to buy f1.4, f1.8 or f2 rated lenses since they are faster. Make sure you get a nice wide angle like 24mm or 28mm too. Typcially you can get then for between $250 & $350 USD.

I have not seen very many PL mount lenses on ebay however.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods