Anyone used the Letus relay for EX3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Anyone used the Letus relay for EX3?

Has anyone had a go at the new Letus relay for the EX3 yet? I know there's Phil Bloom's review but it hasn't got a lot of info in it. I'm curious as the improvements over the stock lens besides sensitivity.

Cheers,
Peter
Peter Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Trustee

We've been waiting for Letus to come out with a full-frame version so our wide angle lenses will still be wide. Supposedly they are planning to come out with one (I've got my doubts).

But I agree, it would be good to get some additional info from people who have experience with the currently EX3 relay.

The main reason we want one is for the increased light sensitivity. I'm assuming the optics are top notch, but maybe that's not necessarily true.
Old August 30th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Lens R&D takes time to do right and you want Quyen and Hien to do it right.

In this instance do not doubt, except that the brothers will not want to turn a wide-view relay loose until it is right. Buyers understandably become a vituperative lot when things go wrong and sensible people do not seek that grief.

Last edited by Bob Hart; August 30th, 2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM   #4
Trustee

I hope you're right Bob. We're still patiently waiting for a "wide view" relay for the EX3. (crossing my fingers)
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell Lewis View Post
I hope you're right Bob. We're still patiently waiting for a "wide view" relay for the EX3. (crossing my fingers)
Yes, we have it all down technically and will release it in a few weeks. We will have about few samples which I expect to be gone in the first hour, so first come first served.

Thanks,
Hien
Hien Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Price tag? How about 3K USD? ;)
James Dierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #7
Trustee

I'm guessing it will be between $4000-$4500. I'm going to "try" and talk my partners into buying one. I'm very happy with our Ultimate (been using it almost daily these last couple of weeks). But I don't like how much light I have to use indoors, so a relay should be the missing link.
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #8
Trustee

Rumor has it that Letus will be releasing the full-frame version of their 1/2" relay lens very soon (next week or so). I'm saving my pennies!! :)
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #9
Tourist

Very Interested in Purchasing the new wide relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hien Le View Post
Yes, we have it all down technically and will release it in a few weeks. We will have about few samples which I expect to be gone in the first hour, so first come first served.

Thanks,
Hien
Hien,
How can I get in line for the new relay? I would purchase the minute it is available. Will it be on the website?
Thanks.
Russell Ball, MD is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods