DVX short film made using a home-made 35mm adapter - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 28th, 2004, 05:01 AM   #16
Tourist

<<<-- Originally posted by Dmitry Yun : Dude that was nice that short made me jump :)
CHeck out a little teaser type for my movie

users.starpower.net/kikosneako

I used a gl2 and a homemade adapter as well. -->>>

Dmitry great short! I really like the film look you've found. How did you go about creating your adapter? Did you find all the information here on the website? This movie has really got me excited and I am feeling very serious about making one myself. You've shown it can be used in the field very successfully.

Thanks!
Jarra McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #17
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Jarra McGrath : <<<-- Originally posted by Dmitry Yun : Dude that was nice that short made me jump :)
CHeck out a little teaser type for my movie

users.starpower.net/kikosneako

I used a gl2 and a homemade adapter as well. -->>>

Dmitry great short! I really like the film look you've found. How did you go about creating your adapter? Did you find all the information here on the website? This movie has really got me excited and I am feeling very serious about making one myself. You've shown it can be used in the field very successfully.

Thanks! -->>>

Excellent!
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #18
Regular Crew

i mean your musci video. whos music is that? could you tell us about your shoot.
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 08:05 PM   #19

james, that was really good. compelling concept, well shot, good editing, the effect shot was seamless (at least at this resolution), and a flat out great end shot. of course, that's all just my humble opinion.

thanks for helping to give miniDV a good name.

btw, you guys should make certain to submit it to resfest next year. it'd be a shoe-in, and for a festival that's mostly comprised of shorts and music videos, it gets a disporportionately large amount of attention from the "creative professional" world (ie. designers, ad agency shlocks, etc.), so it's a very good means of gaining exposure.

hope this helps,
jaan
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:37 AM   #20
Trustee

is that a spinning GG adaptor or static? i made a spinning one that works well..I use it all the time for Commercial shoots..if that is static congrats..looks really clean no grain at all
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:16 PM   #21
Tourist

Life Against memory-Amazing...

Hi James. Could you post pictures of your mini 35 adapter or give more specs as to how you put it together. The quality of the shots is pretty amazing. The film is also very well directed.

Thanks
Old October 29th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Sorry bout that

Ohh I didn't check this thread I think some people were asking me questions...(sorry James I know this is a thread for your movie) :) Umm The music was by Thievery Corporation they are the ones who made the music to this years Garden State and I shot the video at a local parking lot with a friend :) That was it

Thanks for the complements.
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2004, 01:03 AM   #23
New Boot

simply ....amazing!!!
Danny Hatzi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods