Question for Richard Mellor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 29th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Question for Richard Mellor

Hey Rich,

Did you build your rig from the parts that you listed in the static aldu thread near the end?

If so. What type of camera did you mount this on? I received the lenses from opto sigma today, and I'm just curious how you went about your design as far as that tube working and everything attaching securly.

Thanks,
Fred
Old December 29th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #2
Major Player

the lens tube is the same size thread as a 52mm filter. You will
just need step up or step down rings. My system is 35mm cannon lens next c mount ... step ring to 52mm tube then step ring to your camera size.

I went right to the counter of a camera store and got everything to attach to camera. many people feel nikons are the best to use

this is what a cannon c mount looks like . you would just need the right step up ring to the 52mm thorlabs tube.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=44711&is=REG

once you have the 35 mm lens attached to the thorlabs tube you just have to thread the ring @ the correct focal length and insert the groundglass . plcx on top and insert second ring . get the right step ring.52mm to whatever your camera thread is and attach to camera
Richard Mellor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods