want to upgrade from xl1s/mini35(400) to HDR-FX1/mini35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

want to upgrade from xl1s/mini35(400) to HDR-FX1/mini35

hi, after looking and testing im thinking to upgrade to HDV ,main reason being resolution, i want my equipment to make music videos; altought xl with mini 35 gives a more filmic look than the HDR-FX1 looking at todays mtv hiphop videos they dont look too filmic either they concentrate more on high resolutions, of course they have shallow dephs and 24p movement but i think that for music videos that somewhat resambles to those on mtv the HDR-FX1 will deliver the best result.

here it is zgc guys what do i need to acquire in order to upgrade to the HDR-FX1 ? do i only need to get the Camera Adapter(2,260k on your website) or do i need something more?

also i will have an 2260k value xl1 or xl2 Camera Adapter thats in mint perfect condition if somebody is intrested also a xl1s mint condition body with color VF not even one scratch on them

:) ZGC will you accept a trade in :)

Do you guys think that iam making a good desion in this upgrade or not? please need some honest advise on this matter
Rafael Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:48 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Personally I think a filmic look is way more important than resolution, especially if you aren't going to blow it up to 35mm.

And my other advice is: if you want to sell your camera, you can put a topic on it in the special message boards we have here for it: Private Classifieds.

Can't help you with the rest, I don't own a mini35 and I don't know a lot about it.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #3
Sponsor: ZGC

Hello Rafael,
From our records you have a series 400 Mini 35 for the XL series of cameras. All you need is the Sony HDR-FX1 and HDR-Z1 HDV Camera Adapter. (at 2,260.00 on our web site).
I regret to have to tell you that we do not take trade in, but we’ll gladly let you know if we hear of somebody looking for a used XL2 adapter kit.
Best regards,

Guy Genin.
ZGC Inc.
Old February 13th, 2005, 02:32 AM   #4
New Boot

300series

I just finished buying the 300series adapter for my XL1s, would I have trouble refitting it to a FX1 HDV?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods