35mm adapter homepage useful ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 7th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #1
New Boot

35mm adapter homepage useful ?

Hello,

Now that this forum is the collecting point for people all around the world working on the perfect (or at least working) 35mm-adapter and I guess every second one here tried to build one himself:

Do you think a homepage (without forum, of course ; ) ) just for the 35mm-converter would be helpful? I'm thinking of some kind of an open content management system where everyone can insert and edit a subpage for his own adapter with a database in the background.

Some sort of standard video-clip scene that everbody con shoot (maybe a McDonalds Bigmac Menue, penning from left to right ; ) ) without color correction and exported with the same codec would be nice for comparison.

A little demo: www.blackmary.de

Cheers, Martin
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:21 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Martin,

Please contact me by email. Such a homepage will be useful, and I am planning one for this forum. Since the community is already here, this is where the database for adapter projects should be as well. That way, there is no need for another registration and another account at some other site. I am looking at a couple of CMS options right now and I would like to discuss this with you further. Let's work together please, instead of separately. Many thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #3
Major Player

I think the main logistical hardship will be bandwidth issues for very large clips that demonstrate the quality of the devices. We aren't talking Web cam resolution anymore!
A few seconds usually takes about 25MB.
-Les
Les Dit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 05:55 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

There is a certain amount of bandwidth I can offer... it would be limited to "the best of the best" but it is available.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods