35 mm lens mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 27th, 2005, 07:53 AM   #1
Major Player

35 mm lens mount

Is T mount best? You can buy cheap adaptors for any brand lens for this adaptor. Do you have specs on T mount? Can you buy T mount that will be built to the 35 mm adaptor somewhere?

Is there source for different adapters?

If you want to use cine 35 mm lens, is there adopter that will fit it into T mount?

Anyone has specs on 35 mm, 70 mm and medium format lens mounts? Where can I find?
Radek Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:22 PM   #2
Major Player

you have lots of questions to ask...........but, as you see, not all answers come on a silver plate waiting for you.....
next set of questions:
is the Fresnel facing north or south?
how do you move the GG?
do you rotate is or oscillate it
how do you keep it from moving too much
how much is enough
how do you keep the movement on a plane (or helicopter)
how.......... how ............ how..........and more "how to" on the way.....you show a strong commitment anyway.....
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Radek, please check earlier threads, because most questions you've asked the past days are already discussed (mostly not answered, but discussed) or can better be post on existing threads.
Keep in mind that most things can be made differently but with the same result (I made my whole 35mm adapter from thing I found in my basement, and I don't have the same basement as you)
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:55 PM   #4
Major Player

I'd like to say Dan, you look like your really full of yourself and not to grateful when it comes to helping other people. And not all 35mm adapters need to be built the Dan the Man way. Not all adapters need to have oscillating or rotating ground glass to make an effective image. I know that you love your oscillating contraption so much, and thats good. But not everyone will waste thousands to make a holographic image.
Forrest Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:04 PM   #5
Major Player

Full of myself..... Nop. Perseverant and proud with my work... yes. Grateful in helping others... ?
If you happen to check the website I am paying for and look over the pictures and short clips hosted and ask yourself: why did I do all that? For me? Nop. Did I need those tests? Nop. did I know the results before hand, and used what I know already to make the tests themselves to illustrate what I knew? Yes. Is that info FREE for all that stop on by? Yes. Was that info sold in a kit? Nop. Can one look and make his own decision (thus saving TIME and MONEY)? Yes. What do I get in return? ... I should have SOLD "make your own" follow focus, adapter, remote head and other contraptions.
How many questions have I asked and how many answers I have contributed on this forum?
Helping others do what? Start an enterprise and start selling the results of "collective work" back to the community. Give up $40k worth of research just to help one or another start a venture? What if the answers to some of the questions asked may be subject to a patent application. Did you think of that? (I have my doubts).

>>>Not all adapters need to have oscillating or rotating ground glass to make an effective image.<<<

I agree with you. The difference is between "effective" and "acceptable for broadcast or film out."

I have nothing against you spending as much or as little as you want on whatever matters to you most. No, not all converters will be made by me and they all have different values to different people. If one shoots for a living, the best imaging device is the only choice (if the budget allows). For others just fooling around (hobby that is) anything over $10-15 may be too much.
>>>But not everyone will waste thousands to make a holographic image.<<<
I agree with you. Not everyone, but some have already spent many thousands on available gear for the same thing that does not seem like much to you, a holographic image, and what is worse: many more will want the same thing. Spending MONEY seems to be the only way to understand which short cuts work and which do not. I have tried (with the test I have done) to save many people lots of money wasted on futile tests. Some are grateful, some are complaining. Well, you can not please everyone at all times.
I choose to see the frustration in your post as a sincere compliment. Thank you.
Old April 4th, 2005, 02:49 AM   #6
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Diaconu : you have lots of questions to ask...........but, as you see, not all answers come on a silver plate waiting for you.....
next set of questions:
is the Fresnel facing north or south?
how do you move the GG?
do you rotate is or oscillate it
how do you keep it from moving too much
how much is enough
how do you keep the movement on a plane (or helicopter)
how.......... how ............ how..........and more "how to" on the way.....you show a strong commitment anyway..... -->>>

Dan,

I read through the threads and I asked questions that I did not see answered, the topics were spread through too many threads.

You did not answer any of questions of my first post, instead have sarcastically created some artificial questions. I don't need answers to those.

Reading through your thread it is extremely obvious that profit, not good will to share was motive. Then no one bought your 3,500 USD adapter, not even when became 2,000 USD adapter. You promote as better than P+S. Why is no one buying then?

You make negative references to guy who makes Micro 35. Why?

You will not patent your 35 mm adapter. Why bringing it?

Radek
Radek Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:27 AM   #7
Major Player

Forest, one can better make an entrance to a board with a less attacking post.

Radek, you say:
<<I read through the threads and I asked questions that I did not see answered, the topics were spread through too many threads.>>

You started seven treads in one week, mostly on the same issue. How do you think future readers will like this...

I've said this before, please think about it. Things are discussed here, not answered.
And also note that this isn't the 'how to make a 35mm adapter' board, but 'alternative imaging methods' so other issues are easily overshadowed.
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:04 AM   #8
Major Player

>>>>You did not answer any of questions of my first post, instead have sarcastically created some artificial questions<<
My first post on this forum was to share a finished solution not a long list of questions. What "sweat equity" are you bringing to the table before asking all readers "how do I do it". Your questions spell (to me) "I want it all and I want it now without moving a finger!" Do some homework first, share some with us and your image will shine leaving me and others in the shadow.
>>Reading through your thread it is extremely obvious that profit, not good will to share was motive<<<<
It is so clear to me now from your 100-questions-at-once that your intentions are "good will towards helping others....." I was so blind....how could I miss that......damn..
>>>You promote as better than P+S.>>>
Having seen the image from both mine and mini35 (in local rental houses) and having both demo DVD's of P+S, I can base my comments not only on my theory and what I see but on their reactions and comments as well.
>> Why is no one buying then?<<<
Because they were all waiting for you to come on a white horse with four wings (or a donkey) to offer them the same quality or better in exchange for a "health prayer".
>>You will not patent your 35 mm adapter. Why bringing it?<<<
I can not give away the ending (it would make such a bad movie....) But you go ahead. Good luck. (this does not look like alternative imaging anymore is more of a soap opera, or national enquirer …arrrrgh)
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #9
Major Player

The thing I find pretty annoying is this. Me and some other people said politely to Radek that he better check other treads before asking questions.
I said it a couple of times and he didn't wrote one word back. I tried to explain this way why Dan reacted like this on your questions and the only thing that happens is another guy ridiculously attacking Dan.

How about Radek reading previous threads the next couple of days and the moderator deleting this thread?
Old April 4th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I agree with you Oscar, this thread needs to be closed before it becomes even worse.
Keith Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #11
Major Player

I apologize for the attack on Dan. I just got the wrong impression at first, but after remembering his tests and pictures, they were very helpful and inspiring. I just had an image in my mind of Dan being overly proud about his work, but i realize now it isnt that. He has obviously spent time to help others learn faster and get better results.
Recently, a few weeks ago i finsished building a aldu35 style 35mm lens adapter. It wasnt too hard a task at all. The pain was grinding the dang uv filter with 1000 grit alumininum oxide. The whole thing took me about 3 days to build. My parts came from ebay and some pvc in my garage. The results are amazing, even infact my camcorder is a peice of crap. I mean its a 1 ccd 800 pixel sony camcorder. But it screws right into my camcorders 37mm threads with the step-up ring. Im actullay planning about buying the JVC hd100 when it comes out. Putting a new made static adapter with a beattie screen on it, and trying it out. If needed, i might have to put the glass into some motion too rid the grain. Then i'll be cookin! But if anyone has questions about building static aldu35 style adapters. email me or post any questions.
Forrest Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #12
Major Player

No offence or hard feelings here Forrest. Thanks for your initial honesty, the rest is politucs? pilitics? oh well.. I give up..
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods