Lens mount - are they really that expensive? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 8th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Lens mount - are they really that expensive?

After looking at Steve's holyzoo site and his list of parts, I was surprised to see that bayonette mounts are sooo expensive! Is there a cheaper place to pick these up? Also, I found out recently that the canon mounts I have are a heck of a lot larger thatn the Nikon mounts, which in turn are larger than the Sigma lens mount I have! Dang, couldn't they have come out with a standard on these things!?!
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:53 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Leo
After looking at Steve's holyzoo site and his list of parts, I was surprised to see that bayonette mounts are sooo expensive! Is there a cheaper place to pick these up? Also, I found out recently that the canon mounts I have are a heck of a lot larger thatn the Nikon mounts, which in turn are larger than the Sigma lens mount I have! Dang, couldn't they have come out with a standard on these things!?!
We simply visited camera bazaar and pickup old not working/complete cameras for ~5$ per piece. Mounts are screwed to cameras body, so we just unscrew it...

At the beginning there was an idea, then the ambition came and the idea became to be a dream... The Satisfied Dream => http://film.datriware.com
Daves Spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #3
Major Player

Another thing to look for at bazaars or something, is a macro ring. They extend the distance from the lens to the camera (if you could only do that with your DV camera) so they have a perfect mount with everything you need.
Like these:
http://www.wholesaledigital.co.za/WD...ro%20rings.jpg
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the info guys. I am just wondering because James Hurd seems to have a place that sells them - and I am looking for one to attach to the DOF machine - I don't know if those macro tubes will do the same thing, I think I a need the bayonette?
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #5
Major Player

The macro rings have the bayonet and the spring that holds the lens. I have them for older lenses and used one for my adapter. Normally they could be expensive, but for older types you can find them for almost nothing. At bazaars they probably don't even know what they are and throw them in a box with spoons and umbrellas. (Do you have such bazaars in Canada?)
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #6
Major Player

We don't have bazars per-say, but we have flea-markets and they are ridiculously overpriced there. It is really hard to get anything good where I am at a flea market because they all put a huge mark up on anything and everything! I will keep looking at the charity shops for it though, but I don;'t think I have ever seen one!
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods