Which Knight Optical Condensor lens for my Agus35? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 25th, 2005, 10:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Which Knight Optical Condensor lens for my Agus35?

Hello,
This is my first post here, HELLO EVERYONE!!!

For the past week I have read all the Agus and Aldu 35 adaptor posts, and I am very excited about all this. Thanks everyone on here for there hard research and work. I have done some tests with a basic Agus35 prototype. All is working enough for me to know that the concept works, now i need to go about improving things....

I get bad vignetting, so am under the impression that i need a condensor lens to 'collect' the light? I am in the UK and have found a company called Knight Optical that I can order from. I have read that the condenser lens focal length should be equal to or more then its diameter, so could you guys have a look at their webpage and give me an idea of my best choice? I am looking for a 50mm diameter lens:

http://www.knightoptical.co.uk/acata...diametermm.htm

That is a link to their Plano convex lenses, but they also have many other catergories here:
http://www.knightoptical.co.uk/acatalog/Lenses.html

I am thinking about the 50mm dia 63mmFL one for £22.25 on the first page, but if you guys have any sujestions, that would be just great!!!

I hope to get some footage up soon!!!

Cheers,
Wayne.
Wayne Kinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #2
Major Player

They are probably really good there, but expensive - surplus shed used to have alot more - under $10.00 - I don't know where they have all gone! Maybe they go under a different name - like achromats and objective lenses.
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for your reply.
I want to stay with a UK suplier if I can. There are so many different condensors on this site, its hard to know which one to pick. it has a section for condersor lenses, but also another section for planoconvex lenses.....are they not the same?

Please guild me to the correct lens...

Thanks
Wayne.
Wayne Kinney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods