Our Hands-On HD100 / Mini35 Test: Articles, Photos and HD Video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 17th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Mini-35 Power Supply

Can you tell me where I can purchase the box that provides the regulated 7.2V power from the Anton-Bauer battery?

I am considering the purchase of the HD100, and I have $5K worth of 14V batteries and chargers from previously owning an HDCAM. Sure would like to be able to use them.

Great footage by the way, the first I've seen that really looks promising, 16x lens or with the Mini-35. Thanks for posting it.

Thank you,

Gary Morris McBeath
SaltAire Cinema Productions
Steilacoom Washington
Gary Morris McBeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:45 PM   #17
Wrangler

Gary, I had that box built as a one-off for me. However, you're in luck--Anton Bauer is making a mount specifically for the HD100 which will voltage-regulate, and provide a time-readout in the viewfinder to boot.

I just learned about this mount today via Paul Dudeck from Anton Bauer; you can download the pdf, CLICK HERE.

My setup is designed specifically to work with the Mini35 and a number of different cameras, and to provide power to both the Mini and the camera simultaneously.
Old August 17th, 2005, 09:55 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Anton Bauer Power

Charles:

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I can make that work with my system.

It's people like you, helping others out, that make this such a great industry.

Gary
Gary Morris McBeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #19
Trustee

Charles,

I read the HD100 / Mini35 Hands-On article and watched the footage - looks fabulous! Great stuff!

I am considering going the HD100/mini35 route over other HDV/mini35 options mainly due to ergonomics - before that I had been strongly considering the Z1/FX1 HD by Sony.

Since you have used the HD100 with the series 400 mini35 I was wondering if you could tell me what the highest f-stop you were able to achieve before seeing any ground glass (if any) - or is this "completely" eliminated now with the series 400? When you shot with the DVX100 did the series 400 eliminate all ground glass from appearing when shooting above f5.6?

Currently I am able to shoot up to f5.6 with my mini35 series 300 and Canon XL2. The brightness or darkness of the center area of the spinning glass is also a factor in whether it shows up or not.

Many thanks for your feedback.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 08:21 PM   #20
Wrangler

Hi Dennis:

I've pushed it to around f8 or so. YOu don't have the issue of the spinning vortex of death, but the groundglass texture eventually shows up. I'd say you get a solid 2-3 stops more under the same conditions as the Mini35 300.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods