Condensor Lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 2nd, 2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Condensor Lens

Would these http://www.diyprojectorcompany.com/c...b5dd8386f38ecd work for an adapter? I dont really know much about anything and I just came across these. And I want to use the Nikon D screen but already with my tests by adapter gets a hotspot. So I know I need a condensor to even out the light.
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:58 PM   #2
Major Player

You get a hotspot with a Nikon D screen? If so, what lens are you using? And if you're not using a Nikon D screen, don't assume that whatever you are using will be the same as a Nikon D.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM   #3
Trustee

If you're using a nikon D, that's very odd. They have built-in PCXLs that act as condensors. I get a very good image with mine.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ok sorry. I worded my initial question really horribly. I currently have a temporary GG(frosted plastic) and I get a hotspot. I assumed I would get a hotspot as similar to my current GG because I didnt know the Nikon D had a condensor built in. I am GOING to order the Nikon, and I assumed I would have to get a condensor too. I think I now realize I can just get the Nikon D by itself, and should have no hotspot correct? I am using a cheap pentax lens though, I will test it though when it arrives.

Thanks

Jeff Tyler
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Yes, it is a mistake to assume that a Nikon screen will act the way your frosted glass will.

Even if you removed the attached condensor I bet you won't get a hotspot with the Nikon screen.

Ever look at what size your hotspot currently is? You might be surprised.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods