Can you use mini35 adapter with PD150? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 23rd, 2005, 03:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can you use mini35 adapter with PD150?

I get the impression that the PD150 isn't worth mentioning, because it never gets mentioned.

However this is my university equipment (they are sponsored so there's no selection). But I want to achieve the DoF that the mini35 allows.

Thanks.

Alex
Alex Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 04:06 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Alex, the PD150 is a great camera and is always worth mentioning. Yes the Mini35 is compatible with the PD150. See a picture at our sponsor, www.zgc.com -- click on the "P+S Technik" link on the left side, then go to the "Mini35Digital Image Converter" link and scroll down. Rental locations are available through ZGC.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 04:38 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris:

I've seen other sites since I posted the question that answered it vaguely, but it's reassuring to see a photo of it!

There are some places that sell and rent the item in England... but rental all comes with a technician and it isn't really cost effective.

But seeing a photo gives me the confidence to consider buying one (although I don't have the camera, that's a uni one.) The hell with it, maybe I'll donate it to them, then again maybe I'll just buy a camera to go with it.
Alex Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #4
Trustee

When considering using any dv cam with the mini35 basically if the camera holds up well on it's own, the mini35 is simply going to add a new dimension to the camera system overall.

I suggest obtaining a demo DVD from ZGC to see footage from various cams for yourself. I've always found there were subtle differences between camera used on the mini35 in terms of picture, but these qualities do not vary drastically in my opinion.

When I was looking at purchasing my mini35 system I went with the Canon because of the ergonomics (can shoot over shoulder and still use viewfinder) and also because with it you don't have to shoot through the camera stock lens.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Major Player

if you can afford to spend the 10k$ or whatever it is on a P+S adapter then why would you not get a camera? seems like buying something with that value to fart around with at school isnt worth it IMO. there are way cheaper adapters out there that can achieve the same look as the mini35 and you can buy all the extra bells and whistles+lenses and what not and you still wont be near the selling price of the P+S adapter. just letting you know if you dont have a budget thats the size of olympus, that theres other 35mm adapters out there for sale. i'm not trying to start your fire or anything, so i'm sorry if i did.
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods