The death of the 35mm Adapter? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wakeham
Maybe 2/3" will become the standard
Doubt it! (you just forgot your wonderful reasoning above)
Quote:
Faster lenses plus 2/3" could replace 35mm adapters
Doubt it! Faster lenses?
There is a 1.0/50mm lens out there RIGHT NOW! Noctilux. A beauty!$ US 3.500!
How many here have that lens? huh? I wanna see some hands. How many professional photographers have it? How many line up to 1.4/50 and PAY the $50-150 required? MANY! Than.. why bother? For one or two lunatics in one thousand? (Noctilux-lunatics....arghh)
1 slice/$1 is the winner! Hyundai not Rolls. Those are the real winners (imo) not Dalsa. (if I could walk my talk for one day only, you would have a bit less to read; woudn't that be nice?)
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Keith i agree that building an adapter into the camera would be a wise and cost effective way to achieve a 35mm 'look'. can these companies think outside the square?...I suppose your '10 year' prediction gives them enough time.

Nick Hiltgen wrote: "Frank by 24 frames a second do you mean stop motion? because otherwise this camera only does 3 (unless you're talking about the 20D which does 5)"

Nick, I know how many frames it does. I'm hoping you are being tongue in cheek cos if you read my post properly i mentioned that ...."if it can do 24 frames per second (we'll get there) then we're in business."

...IF and when. Just think that HD was astronomically expensive but 2-3 years ago...let along 10 years. where are we now? HD is everywhere and growing. plus there's all these home projects brewing that 'seem' high quality for cheap. it seems ridiculous to think that large multinationals cannot produce a large sensor that keeps its cool fo cheap.

what is holding back everyone is storage. if they can overcome storage they don't have to think about limited codecs (let alone tapes!).

check this out:
http://www.computerworld.com/hardwar...106288,00.html
Frank Vrionis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods