Me and my Letus35A - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 1st, 2005, 03:19 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Wanstead
I don't know about others. But I do, I manufacturer stabilizer FYI.

Regards
Leigh
First of all it's ridiculous to think Quyen could test the Letus35 on every camera, if someone is having problems with the Z1 maybe it's a good idea if he rents one for a day and tests it. But, I don't think anyone expects you to test your stabilizers on every camera on the market and I doubt that you have.

Quyen is offering great support and wants his adapters to work with every camera. But, one man can't test it on every single camera so I think he's going about it the best way he can.

Keep up the good work Quyen.
Cory Cone
Cory Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 03:26 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Cone
First of all it's ridiculous to think Quyen could test the Letus35 on every camera, if someone is having problems with the Z1 maybe it's a good idea if he rents one for a day and tests it. But, I don't think anyone expects you to test your stabilizers on every camera on the market and I doubt that you have.
Backfocus etc is the core function of adaptor to test.

Can you tell me what is the difference it make to test stabilizer for different camera? I tested my stabilizer for 600g gs400 camera to 6kg gy-dv5000 camera. That is what my market target is and I tested that. And I have adjustment to suit CG for different cameras which I tested too.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 03:59 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kinney
That is the whole idea behind the beta tester program
By the way, what benefit will I get if I want to be a beta tester?

TIA

Regards
Leigh
Old December 1st, 2005, 04:30 PM   #19
Major Player

Mandy Leo

The Letus35A has better achromat than the macro on Letus35. I was talking about another achromat that I bought, thanks for asking.

Quyen
Old December 1st, 2005, 10:43 PM   #20
Regular Crew

You were mentioning problems with the dvx100. I just purchased a DVX100B, is the letus35 working well with this camera?
Luke Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 10:52 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Wanstead
Backfocus etc is the core function of adaptor to test.

Can you tell me what is the difference it make to test stabilizer for different camera? I tested my stabilizer for 600g gs400 camera to 6kg gy-dv5000 camera. That is what my market target is and I tested that. And I have adjustment to suit CG for different cameras which I tested too.

Regards
Leigh
Maybe some 6kg camera on the market is really front heavy and your stabilizer can't compensate for it. That's not my point, my point is that it's pretty unpracticle to think that Quyen could and would test it with every camera on the market just like it would be for you.

So that's why I think it's good that he's doing the testing period right now.
Cory Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 01:00 AM   #22
Trustee

Hi Cory,

I am not against Quyen. I just give some suggestion.

I would be very happy to see adaptor get popular as these customer might be interested to buy a stabilizer.

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Cone
Maybe some 6kg camera on the market is really front heavy and your stabilizer can't compensate for it. That's not my point, my point is that it's pretty unpracticle to think that Quyen could and would test it with every camera on the market just like it would be for you.

So that's why I think it's good that he's doing the testing period right now.
Old December 2nd, 2005, 07:38 AM   #23
Major Player

Matthew, assuming you got the adapter at a discount as a beta tester, I'm not sure you're helping Quenn by posting a review, with originally no mention of the fact that you are part of his testing program for that camera. In essence, he paid for your help testing the Letus35 on your Z1.

It would have been more appropriate to open your original post with the 3:36pm comments from yesterday. Just my meagre 2c.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 12:22 PM   #24
Regular Crew

You're right Dennis. It was something in posting about the physical issues of the adapter that I didn't even think about. I would go back and edit it, unfortunately it's too late. I hope that the latter post will clear that up.

But as some people who also had Z1 and FX1 cameras noted, they were not aware of these issues, or had experienced similar issues and I ultimately hope that my post helped get some more info out there.

mg
Matthew Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005, 03:26 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Just recieved my Letus35a today and found the problem mentioned in this thread with my FX1. I have uploaded some footage so Quyen can see how far I can zoom in.

http://www.sandust.net/letus35a/

You can't see the stuff on the sides in the FX1 lcd, but it is obvious from the component out on my HD studio monitor.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods