Flicker issues with Mini35/XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 5th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Flicker issues with Mini35/XL2

I shot all this with a Canon XL2 and a Mini35 adapter (the redrock version), NOT the Pro35.

But moving on, I've got some severe flicker issues.

Check it out for yourself and give me some ideas on how to fix it. I think I've got the sharpness down finally (but tell me if you think otherwise), but I got some massive flicker issues.

I just tweaked the image element before we shot all this today, so that might have something to do with it, but I'm not positive. Anyway, some possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the link, http://www.suitedproductions.com/redrock_test.html; a lazy Saturday afternoon in Austin with my bro.
Jeff Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #2
Major Player

da flicker gives it a nicer look, or more annoying...guess all depends how u look at it. I havnet used any 35adapters yet
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #3
Major Player

jeff, it looks like your GG could be misaligned. in other words its not straight and could be wobbling just a tad bit. another cause could be using high shutter speeds.

and for future reference, and topics about another brand of adapter besides a P+S needs to be posted in the "alternative imaging" forum. you can also post on redrockmicro.com/forum as well.
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Jeff.

With any of the low-cost/homebuilds, where there is chance of inconsistency across the groundglass or intermittently picking up an edge, best practice seems to be to lock off the automatic gain function of the camera to prevent it from hunting for and overshooting the subtle but rapidly fluctuating light levels.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods