HDV camera compatability with mini35 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 14th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #16
Trustee

I'm running QuickTime 7.0.3 and for some reason it does not play anything in the window?

I will try a few other things on my end, but really not sure what it can be. When you upload FTP the transfer has to be set to Binary instead of Ascii. That's the only thing so far that comes to mind as to what the problem can be.

Let me know if you can think of anything.

Thanks
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #17
Trustee

Well we've established that the grain issue with the mini 35 is not because of a larger grain used in the mini 35 as opposed to the pro 35 (they are the same sized ground glass) I'm not sure of the numerical value of resolution (I got a lot of crap for guessing at numerical value earlier on a different thread) But from looking at both cameras next to each other I can say that the xl-h1 resolves about 33% more. But your results may very.

This relay lens is interesting, that may have been the problem we were having on "the signal" shoot (I use the term "problem" very loosely) as there appeared to be some non moving ground glass, on the camera or grain or something. I'm sure this wasn't noise from low light because we really noticed it in high-lights. I'll post more info on This thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...t=57376&page=6

Last edited by Nick Hiltgen; January 17th, 2006 at 08:33 AM.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #18
Trustee

Hi Levan, any update on the FTP upload? Let me know if there's anything you need from me.

Cheers.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods