Hdu-1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 13th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wakeham
So their is definetly a remote jack and I'll definetly put and LED line in it.
fwiw, tagging onto the hard drive led circuit, similar to what's done with pc cases that put the hdd activity light on the front panel, might be an option for seeing when the unit is actually recording.

thanks for all your hard work on this!
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #17
Major Player

Their is a latching circuit that is designed for the record button so I'm I'm just going to run an output like from that to drive an LED.

Since the drive packs are going to be removable I think I'm going to put activity leds on all the drives so their will be a strip of LED's along the side. Not finalized though.

Dan I apperciate the support. I've spent months on this so far and now we are finally close to finally having something in hand that can be used.
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #18
Major Player

Just a note: My university is doing work on the servers so the webpage may be down intermittently today. Sorry.
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #19
Major Player

All the university servers are back online - except the ftp one - some updates to the pdf and the concept but I can't put them up since the ftp server is down.

When I get the new concept up, some feedback please. I'm hoping to start machining the body in 2 - 3 weeks for the prototype that will be going to be field tested.
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #20
Major Player

FTP access finally came back today so website got updated

New concept and a new PDF on the prototype overview which includes recording times in different formats, new features, and entire discription of the menu, and a new concept that is close to what the final product will look like (I suspect, I'm going to start machining it in a couple of weeks out of aluminum)
Old January 20th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #21
Trustee

Good to see your thread Keith, Can I ask all users to express the MOST important features of this device? As Keith says, we will start with the professional HD-SDI I/O but we fully understand the needs of Analog HD from cameras like the HVX and JVC etc, I will be testing the first unit on the VariCam with the 4:2:2 HD-SDI port and then later on the Canon HD-SDI. We will be looking for feedback as we progress.

Stay tuned!

-Obin Olson
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #22

Any update? And estimated availability, please? I'm interested to buy a new camera. And XL-H1 it is a good option, maybe "the" option if with a portable HD-SDI recorder. And available soon. Because my Canon's purchase can depend of a device like that, I'm asking you for a full answer as soon as possible. You have a customer here. Thank you.
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #23
Major Player

Leuname,

You should goto the website and email me directly if you have any specific questions.

Like many involved in projects that orginated here I don't have to much time to be posting specific information, but if theirs and e-mail in my inbox I'll normally do my best to reply to it.

And I'm definetly still working on it. Right now we are more facing issues that call for the reliance on other companys that have dropped the ball and delayed our release.
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods