A slightly different 35mm adapter concept - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 14th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #16
Major Player

Looking good, Alain.
Old January 14th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #17
Regular Crew

What about acrylic for a gg? Not sure if it is diffusable or how thick it would have to be.
Rene Hinojosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #18
Major Player

A surface mount pager motor on your screen frame mounted in rubber bushings...and you're set.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I think that the paper bags i use to buy with ham at the local grocery store has this typ of plastic at the front, so you could see the ham. I'll check that out later today. Getting a $2 very good ground glass sounds too good to be true. Actually it's free if you eat the ham...

In theory, few things could be better than a Beattie, in reality a Beattie gives very grainy images in som light conditions. Scratching a beattie isn't fun either, I've tried... :)

As stated, I'll try to get some time to check that out later today.
Carl Jakobsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
in reality a Beattie gives very grainy images in som light conditions.
not if it's moving :) Actually now that you've shown us this I really want to try out this material. In terms of the Letus, this material would be lighter than glass and therefore would let the GG plate vibrate more. I'm itching to try this out--are these like the plastic bags that you put fruit or veggies in at the grocery store? In which case I know what material you're referring to...goodness I hope I don't have to ask one of you to mail me a sample of a plastic bag or something pathetic like that...:)
Old January 15th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I will

Can you post a pic of this bag your talking about. Oh and I found that Folgers Coffee Can Tops work pretty good aswell.
Bryan Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #22
New Boot

I think that covering all the surface of a fake CD with some streeps of 3M Magic Tape should be a very good and easy solution for a rotating GG. Same thing for a vibrating one.
Marco Polimeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #23
Major Player

3M tape? It would have to be a wider thickness I am thinking. Sandwich bags? I have tried the PressNSeal and it works great, but I think you are working with something else, right?
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #24
New Boot

Yes, Alain is working on a static adapter, and me too, for the moment.

The idea of the 3M Magic Tape on a CD comes to me yesterday when I try to put some of this tape on an UV filter to replace the GG and test trasparency and grain. If you dont consider the dust and the size of the tape, that dosnt cover the 24x36mm area, the results was pretty good.
If you do the same on a moving GG the junctions of the various streeps should be invisible and the grain too. This is just a theory, of course, I've not yet an experience on moving GG.
Is there anybody that can try it ?

Alain, please can you say how are you going to fix the adapter to the camcorder ?
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Hey Leo can you post some footage or pics with press n seal. I am currently rendering some footage with a Folgers Coffee can top and another sample with a regular white plastic grocery bag. Yes the bags they give you your groceries in. I Think if you get a bag that has no wrinkles it might work very well.
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #26
Major Player

Will do. I haven't touched it in months since I got the Letus35. I will break it out and shoot some stuf with it to show tomorrow when it is light outside.
Alain, what is the widest you can get the 3M tape? I am going to try it in the Letus35 and see what happens!
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #27
New Boot

Leo, I've just cheked, it seems 1".

http://www.3m.com/us/mfg_industrial/...magic811.jhtml
Old January 15th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Do you remove the glue off the tape to be able to use it without attracting dirt.

Also, I was looking around for material to rry out and noticed some plastic that was used to protect negative picture film. The only problem is that it isn't wide enough to be able to use it effectively. It almost looks like the frosty side of a grounded uv glass, except that I don't see any grain only the scratches that were on it. Amazing!
Rene Hinojosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #29
Regular Crew

the footage I was talking about is at:

http://irezfilms.8m.com/1%20Mbps%20CableLg_Prog001.mov

the plastic bag was used inside, and the coffe can lid was used outside.
Old January 15th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Link doesn't work! I tried using spaces instead %20 but without success.
Carl Jakobsson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods