I love saying "Action!" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 13th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Trustee

I love saying "Action!"

I just started filming this huge project of mine yesterday, and it was a great feeling standing there behind this massive camera, and a kid with the boom mic and headphones on next to me, and another guy managing the cables as we moved, and having someone else pulling focus, and being able to say "ACTION" and have stuff happen and depth of field everywhere, and people taking you seriously...mmm. It's really a great feeling. I know a bunch of you guys have already enjoyed this kind of level of professionalism for a while, but...for a 17 year old, I feel like my dreams are already starting to come true. And it's all because of an impressive-looking camera. Thumbs up for superficiality!
Old January 13th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Good deal - someone getting enjoyment out of this site and from other people's contributions to it. Now that is what this should all be about.

As far as superciality, you can dress your camera out, Ben, but I'm drawing the line at calf implants.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Damn ! 17 !?!?!, you must be an old soul. Can't wait to see your work when you're in your 20's ;)
Old January 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #4
Trustee

Neither can I Mark :)
Old January 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Major Player

....wish I knew what I know now at his age, I would have been better than Quintin ...YEAH RIGHT!

Big ups men, we grown folks needs to keep encouraging young cinematographers like Ben because most 17 years old aiin't even thinking anything close to what he is thinking and that's being productive at a very young age.

Proud of you man and can't even wait to see your work when you are 18!
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #6
Tourist

Awesome

That's awesome that you're making it big! What are you working on and with what camera/camera setup?
Earnest Osikha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #7
Trustee

I'm working on a 10-minute short film entitled "Broken Minds" where a teenager is sent back in time by two strangers to relive a day he forgot--the memories of that day were forced out of his mind from post-traumatic amnesia.

I use a Canon GL2 with a Letus35 and cavision rod mount system, lcd monitor and 50mm, 55mm, 135mm and 35mm lenses. I also compose--I'm working on the opening overture which goes a little something like this:

http://www.frozenphoenixproductions.com/misc/check.mp3

I'll be sure to let you all know when this one's done :)
Old January 15th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #8
Major Player

That's very effective composing...I think it's strong enough to do it with even less, so it's also usable for non-thrilling moments in a film (if you need it of course). Are you sure you're not 71 years old?
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods