SGpro website updated - please comment - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #16
Major Player

Hi,
Yes your right, I think the design we are working on now is more pleasing to the eye.
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I am with the others in the overuse of Flash. Flash in the use of banners (rotating of the product?) and secondary windows look good but other than that I am at odds w/ Flash. I would suggest get right to the point... your selling a product. Right now I am on a Mac G4 700mhz./512 Ram/ Firefox/ broadband/ and viewing at a resolution of 1024x768(using scroll bars) and it is moving slow on my machine, music a tad loud, and it by web standards it *should* be optimized for 800x600 resolution, call me crazy but there are thousands of machines running 500mhz and 800x600 and having to scroll bar around a site is the worst.
The idea should make it easy for the user and the less clicks the better!
Good Luck.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 01:13 PM   #18
Major Player

OK Guys,

Here is a new version we have just completed, taking into acount the comments made. Its a new style.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wayne.kinney/sg35.htm

Comments welcome.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 01:28 PM   #19
Major Player

I never saw the first one (couldn't load it), but it seems like this one is much more toned down than what I have heard about the first. Looks good to me, although I am no web designer.
Mike Oveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 01:46 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Much better Wayne.
Congratulations for your work.
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:53 PM   #21
Major Player

Thumbs up Wayne. It looks professional.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:59 PM   #22
Major Player

Looks great, the interchangeable metal mounts is a great touch.
Old March 24th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #23
Major Player

Wayne, Looks great, Just ONE advice, lose the NTL homepage address, if you are serious (which you are) then you can not only look the part but have to sound like the real deal, so get your self a new registered domain name, and step up to the pro level :)

Good luck !

Anhar Hussain Miah
Old March 25th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #24
Major Player

Thanks,

We are in the process of registering an address.
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #25
Major Player

www.sg35.com is available - It can be bought cheap at www.godaddy.com
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #26
Major Player

Thanks Glenn.

Although I will be going for a different domain name.
Old March 25th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #27
Air China Pilot

Wayne,
much better, cleaner, without the Flash interstitials. From this foundation you can slowly bring back a bit more style. A good clean basis that informs the visitor much better. That said...

Banner title - a bit plain. You need more sex in that top part. Also, "leave the hard work to us!" as a motto doesn't tell me much about what you do. That could very well be the motto for a car dealership, realtor, etc. I don't mind the grid pattern below everything but I don't think you can combine it with that dotted line pattern at the same time.

Against that suppressed blue-grey color you could very well use a bright color for your banner text and word-logo to break it out of the background. As it is, it seems drab.

I don't believe you need a black border around the whole square as the blue-grey shape already makes it stand out against the white web page background already.

Menu - I don't think having the menu at the bottom left is optimal. Western readers read from top; left-right. This means that the position of your menu is in a bad region. The user then is forced to 'learn' how to use your website. Instead, I think it is better to go back to top-left, top or middle. If you must keep the bottom-left menu then I suggest having redundant links for the most important destinations. Have a small text menu for Home / Order / Contact at the very top.

Product graphic - These seem begging to be clicked on. When I see this, I want to click on each of these hoping that they will take me to a page telling me more about it. Think about this idea.

A minor quibble, when these graphics are chopped off at the bottom it looks a bit abrupt. I suggest feathering out the bottoms. If that is the real bottom of the product, how about a dropshadow.

Body text - Why is this Flash? As far as I know it still is limited then by not being searchable, not being copyable. This also means it is harder for someone on your team to change it who is not the Flash designer.

Section title - This is too small. The reader needs to be informed right away where they have landed.

Gallery - when I click on this menu item, not only does it go to a page that does not exist but for some reason my Internet Provider pops up with a warning that I have a browser / internet connection problem. What funny business is this I wonder?

Order - I like the graphic / anim of the product. I think it should be actually combined on the front page with your actual product shots. This will give the user more of an idea up front what your product is about.
Old March 25th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #28
Major Player

Keith,

Thanks very much for your comments. I will pass all this onto my web designer and chat with him about each point you made.
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #29
Air China Pilot

One other idea. How about a graphic describing what you mean by the DoF. Some people may not 'get it' even by reading the text. Like a 'before and after' or side-by-side comparison graphic of an image with and without your product?
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #30
Major Player

Yes true, an image says 1000 words after all.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods