Shopping list Nikon Lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shopping list Nikon Lenses

hi im sorry if this has been done i did search but didnt find a complete answer

my first plan was canon lenses but ive read so much about the benifits of the nikon route now that im gonna that way
could someone please take a minute and write out the perfect collection of nikon manual focus lenses... theres a big used camera show/swap this weekend rite near by and im hopping to have some help to get what works best
ive read alot about the 50mm just not entirely sure on which F stop.
and other lenses aswell

thanks in advance and i hope this can help someone else too
MEKHAEL
Mekhael Trepanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't know about "the perfect collection"... but it seems like one should go with the lowest F stop lens they can get and a few different focal lengths - 50mm, 80mm, 75-200mm zoom, and maybe a wide angle.
Sam Jankis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks sam
does that pretty much say what it needs to say or can anyone add anything to it ????
Mekhael Trepanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #4
Major Player

For my SGpro which will be on it's way soon I've already bought a Nikon 50mm f1.4 and a Nikon 28mm f2.8. Earlier today I also ordered a Nikon 100mm f2.8 portrait lens aswell. That should be enough. I've stuck with primes in order to avoid any zoom focus issues. Keeping it simple. Can't wait to try them out!
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #5
Outer Circle

Quote:
Nikon 100mm f2.8
That's a great lens. I find it's equally sharp with my Nikkor 105mm F2.5. I kid you not. Plus the 100mm is compact, unlike the 105.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Granovski
That's a great lens. I find it's equally sharp with my Nikkor 105mm F2.5. I kid you not. Plus the 100mm is compact, unlike the 105.
Frank, thanks.. that's good to hear! This is the lens I've bought - http://shenzhenangel.com/eBay/2003576a.jpg It's an AIS, which I've read were originally released in 1983. Is that much the same as the one you have? I ordered it from the same seller I bought the 50mm and 28mm from. Those both appear to be in immaculate condition so I'm assuming this one will be much the same. The guy did have the 105mm f2.5 aswell, but it had already been sold.
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #7
Trustee

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...168&print=true

Carl Zeiss lenses on Nikon mounts? And wait, on M42 mounts too? Ohh, me likey.

Quote:
In addition, ZF lenses incorporate new technical advances from the ZEISS Ultra Prime�, Master Prime� and DigiPrime� lenses for motion picture cameras. Like the ZEISS lenses for motion picture, ZF lenses feature unusually high mechanical quality, fixed focal length, very precise manual focussing, reliability, and exceptional durability.

Zeiss has also announced Zeiss ZS, lenses that are identical to the new ZF models except for the mount, which is the older M-42 screw type in the ZS series.
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Everything you ever wanted to know about Nikon lenses...
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm

After seeing MacGregor's videos here and at dvxuser, I am convinced that wide angles (17-35mm) are even more impressive than the normal and telephoto lenses, or at least a very important part visual storytelling. I dont see a lot of sample footage of 17-35mm, mostly 50mm and up.

I bet this lens would be bad a$$ on a adapter setup. Wide angle and DOF control...
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2814af.htm

you'd have to break the piggy bank for that one.
Donnie Wagner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods