15mm Rod Spacing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

15mm Rod Spacing

Can anyone tell me if there is a standard spacing for 15mm rod supports?

I have access to machinists and tool makers who work for beer, all I need is to know the right dimensions and I can get my stuff made from marine-grade brass and anodised aluminium :)

I want a camera baseplate, letusXL V2 support, lens support and mattebox support and I'm hoping there is a standard spacing so I can mix and match accesories from different manufacturers.

thanks!

Pauly
Paul V Doherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Trustee

60mm from the center of each rod. Are you sure Ben? This needs to be exact. Yep, 60mm. Thanks Ben! You're a great resource. Chris Hurd should send you a free t-shirt and one of those nifty pens with a white-balanced LED. Yes, I know, thanks.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Winter
60mm from the center of each rod. Are you sure Ben? This needs to be exact. Yep, 60mm. Thanks Ben! You're a great resource. Chris Hurd should send you a free t-shirt and one of those nifty pens with a white-balanced LED. Yes, I know, thanks.
(insert smiley with rolling eyes here)... :)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" -Arthur O'Shaunessey (as quoted by Willy Wonka)
Justine Haupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:02 AM   #4
Inner Circle

For what it is worth, the same centres spacing seems to apply for an unbranded green teleprompter mount which has 12.5mm diameter rods.

I am currently modifying this for the owner to fit to the Letus/XL2 combination to prevent the image from moving when the lens settings are adjusted and for his Crossjele or whatever it is to fit on as well.

Slightly off-topic, if anyone has a design for a Fujinon ENG style backfocus adjuster for the front Nikon SLR lens mount to replace the geuine Letus item, I would be most interested in having a copy and saving myself the grief of designing as well as building one.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods