Any software to capture flipped? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 24th, 2006, 11:35 AM   #1
Trustee

Any software to capture flipped?

I am thinking capturing straight to my laptop - and therefore, with my camera, I can use the progressive function on my camera to get some nice non-interlaced footage - but I would like to watch it already flipped while I am capturing - any software that does this?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

My first thought would be to use Virtual Dub (http://www.virtualdub.org/) to capture. You can then goto Video-filters and add flipping/mirroring filters to get the image the way you want it. The only drawback I can think of is I am not sure how fast of a computer you are going to need for that to work in real time.
Jamie Varney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks, I am going to try that. Iwas thinking about DVrack though because it outputs exactly like it is going to be on tape, but in a pinch VD will do just fine until I can afford DVrack...

EDIT

I have tried using VirtualDub for capturing - even after I have added the filters (flip, flip2, flip hor, flip vert), it doesn't flip them in my preview window. It stays the same. Are they separate filters that I have to download for this to work? I have the newest version...

Last edited by David Delaney; September 24th, 2006 at 02:38 PM.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Have a look at www.cineform.com

Aspect HD, which has a function called HD link has flip support for the Redrock M2 built-in. I think this happens during conversion to CFHD files after capture of the M2T file.

I don't know if it works the way you envisage it. I think it does but you wouold need to check, also if your computer is up to scratch.

The site has a support section. Otherwise there is a discussion on this site furthur back up the list called Cineform Showcase which is attended frequently by David Taylor, one of the Cineform team.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #5
Trustee

Ok Bob,

I do have virtualdub, so I am trying it on that - unfortunately, as I stated previously, it doesn't seem to flip it during preview or capture even after adding the filters. I am trying to post to a virtualdub board, but it asks for me to be a member for 5 days before posting.
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods