static & vibrating gg-holder for 2" thorlabs tube at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 30th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

static & vibrating gg-holder for 2" thorlabs tube

Hi guys,

I milled for someone a static and a vibrating gg-holder for a 2" Thorlabs Tube.
Someone else interested? The static version is compatible with the Canon EOS Focusing Screens Ee-S & Ee-A and my diy wax-gg's from my tutorial. For the vibrating version you will need a gg with 36x24mm (only 33x21mm viewable). Cine frame S35 Gate has 24x18mm so it will be enough area left. The vibra holder works with the cheap pancake motors form hobbyengineering or bgmicro.

I can produce with my little cnc-machine different versions of the gg-holder with other diameters also if needed. Just ask me.

Static version 20$
Vibra version 50$

http://www.jetsetmodels.info/pic/static.jpg
http://www.jetsetmodels.info/pic/vibra.jpg
Daniel Schaumberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 10:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Does this mean that if I post something you try to replicate the idea as quickly as possible? It took something like all night to reproduce our product this time.

Community will benefit of course.

I must add that our vibration assembly can not vibrate wax gg as it is too heavy for it.

Not so cheerful anymore, open market economy can be so cruel fom time to time.
T

Last edited by Toenis Liivamaegi; November 1st, 2006 at 02:16 AM.
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 10:38 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toenis Liivamaegi
You do realize that this means war?
You even don`t mention my name any more.
It`s so easy just to steal all our investments, and one year of R&D.

Community will benefit of course.

Not so cheerful anymore,
T

Hi Toenis,

calm down i dont want war. Im not stealing any design from nobody. The leaf-spring principle is known very much time ago before you started your gg-holder. I just found the right diameters and thicknesses to get a fine rotational vibration to fit a little 2" thorlabs tube. Without some tricky modifications it wont work with this little diameter. No one posted ever a technical drawing to build this thing. It was my work of trial & error to find the right measures.

I want to get with you in business but you havent responded to my emails and i dont want to wait to much time. I wrote you if you need help with something just say it. I only posted the 2 holders here to see if somone has any interests in such a holder. But for now even nobody asked about it.
What should I do to get things right with you.

Daniel
Old October 31st, 2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Toenis,

now i understand why you are so pissed off. I read your static dof posting today.

Sorry for that but I really didnt saw that you was producing a static adapter also. I just milled yesterday night a holder for a friend which has 2" tube. He was asking me if it was possible to make it fit for Canon Ee-S/Ee-A and my wax-gg's to do a bokeh quick-test with only one holder without complicated mods.

Please tell me how we can handle this because i dont want you to think im an asshole. It was really coincidence i dont even saw a picture of your static adapter nor i read about it.

best regards
Daniel
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #5
Regular Crew

If I may just add something to this thread please. I'm sure that everyone in this forum will agree that if anyone spends R&D, time and money on a commercial product and they do not want it copied and sold as an alternative then the relevent protection should be filed, ie: patent. I know Toenis that you have a Creative Commons Licence but I thought that it only covered certain areas:

Quotes from CCL website:

Can anything be copyrighted? No, there are several requirements to claim copyright protection. First, a work must fit into one of the four major categories in the Copyright Act, it must be either: literary, dramatic, musical or artistic.

What is copyright? Copyright is a system to promote the creation of, and access to artistic, literary, musical, dramatic and other creative productions. In principle, the creator, i.e. the author, maker or artist, etc. has the exclusive right to authorise or to prevent copying. In practice, the power to control copying more frequently devolves to publishers and distributors to whom the creators have assigned their rights. In the United Kingdom, it is regulated by statute; the main statute is the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (referred to here as the Copyright
Act for short).

As far as I am aware CCL would not protect these GG holders from being copiedand as they are now in the public domain they would not eligible for any type of patent, meaning that anyone could make them. Patents maybe expensive but at least they protect you commercially.

Anyway.....Im just going on what I know and what I have been told by my patent agent. The best way is to seek legal advise before you release any product commercially and dont want it copied. Make sure that any form of product protection is as tight as a ducks ass.

Oh.....one more thing, a little off thread but whilst on the legal patent stuff a word of warning to everyone who use TM (Trademark) after their product name or company. You must register your trademark with the patent office in your country, you cant just stick it on the end of your product name without registering it as that is illegal and you can be taken to court by the patent office if they find out, just a word of warning, be careful.
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Anyway, isn't everyone here infringing the patents of P + S Technik and Kinomatik (MINI35 and MovieTUBE) with their oscillating GG and wax screens?

Anyway there is already a thread for this stuff: 'patents' we are a community, lets not fall out, we are all here to help one another.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods