Nikon vs Canon lens for Letus hd100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Nikon vs Canon lens for Letus hd100

Hi,
I'm considering getting the Letus HD100, which I understand will take either Nikon or Canon lenses, but as I currently own no lenses I will have to buy some, preferably cheaply! So which is the best way to go, Nikon or Canon? Both in terms of quality, price (second hand?), useability for video (i.e smoothness of focus rings etc) and range?
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #2
Major Player

im a big fan of canon for most things.. i have a canon xl2.. lots of 35mm canon gear and started out using the fds that i already had for use with the letus.. ive recently changed over to older nikkor lenses because i find them to be more sturdier feeling. ive never sed nikon for still photography in the past but am in love with the weight and smooth focusing and easy manual aperture changing these nikon lenses have which work very well with the letus
Old December 28th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

People prefer Nikon because of the unchanged lens mount since the 60's. Therefore you can scour Ebay and get relatively cheap Nikon Lens compared to Canon.
Jason Strongfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods