Cinedof? Cinemek? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Trustee

Cinedof? Cinemek?

i,

I was minding my own business on my never ending quest for the perfect 35mm adapter and I read on Wikipedia about www.cinedof.com. I went to check out their website and I found out none of the links work (at least for me...and I tried different browsers). But then I clicked somewhere (still don't know where) and this popped up:
http://www.cinedof.com/vid/

I'm confused. Similo is in here! It was shot with the G35. Is cinedof the new cinemek?! Isn't cinedof the brevis's alternative thing? What is going on?! I'm scareed. My head hurts. Can someone help me?

Oh, btw, it looks GOOOOOD!

Last edited by Rafael Lopes; February 22nd, 2007 at 11:00 AM.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:34 AM   #2
Major Player

Khm khm, I guess I must delete it now ;)...
This was a inspirational reference vid for many of us so I just kept it there for my personal usage.

Smilo is definitely filmed by MacGregor with Cinemek`s G35.

Cinemek might use Dan`s oscillation system in it`s dynamic version as far as I know.

Cinedof is the project I`ve been busy with about two years and as you see it`s still not active as we are waiting for PayPal to offer all it`s services here in Estonia. Meanwhile we have managed to design the smallest and most cost effective vibrating GG holder and implemented it to Thorlabs 2" tube based adaptor for DIY folks with smaller camcorders.
Right now I`m eager to test GSpro`s optical elements in our design. That might be sometime in the next week.

Cheers,
T

Last edited by Toenis Liivamaegi; February 22nd, 2007 at 11:17 AM.
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Trustee

So, wait, is this YOUR website? There isn't actually any cinedof adapter being released? ;-(
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM   #4
Major Player

Raf, it will be released for sure but not before it works flawlessly with Canon XHA1 ;)...
... although it might end up as limited release made specially for A1 owners as it uses camera as the power source and controller.

T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Trustee

Man, this is very cool news (for me as an A1 owner...not so much for other camera owners). Do you have any idea of when and how much will it cost? If you need any European beta testers I'm your man ;-)
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods